Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Properly configuring running total/leaderboard

We want to derive two different leaderboards from one event, but I can't figure out the correct combination of settings that will accomplish what we want.

Say that we have a "game_over" event with a single attribute "won".

Shortcode: "won"
Data type: "Number"
Default value: "0"
Default Aggregation Type: Count

When the player wins a game, "won" is given the value "1". When the player loses a game, "won" is given the value "0".

We want to have two leaderboards, "wins" and "losses", that are derived from this one event. When "won" = 1, the player's score on the "wins" leaderboard should increment. When "won" = 0, the player's score on the "losses" leaderboard should increment.

What I tried first was creating two running totals, also called "wins" and "losses". The "wins" running total looks like this:

Attribute: "won"
Calculation Type: "count"
Filter Type: "="
Filter Value: "1"

And "losses" looks like this:

Attribute: "won"
Calculation Type: "count"
Filter Type: "="
Filter Value: "0"

The "Wins" leaderboard looks like this:

Running Total: "wins"
Collector: "wins.COUNT-won-eq"
Filter type: "*"
Filter value: [none]
Group: "Sum"

The "Losses" leaderboard looks like this:

Running Total: "losses"
Collector: "losses.COUNT-won-eq"
Filter type: "*"
Filter value: [none]
Group: "Sum"

However, using this configuration, the score on both the "wins" and "losses" leaderboard is equal to the total number of matches played; in other words, the filter doesn't seem to be working and it's counting entries for both leaderboards regardless of what the "won" attribute is set to.

What is the proper way to configure our event, running totals, and leaderboards to accomplish what we want?

As best as I can tell from extensive testing, the "Filter" feature simply does not work properly, and it is not possible to accomplish what I've described.

Have you managed to solve this? I'm experiencing a similar issue, I cannot get the filters to work in the collector.

The filters don't work, and Amazon fired all of the GameSparks staff when they bought GameSparks so the issue will never get fixed. We ended up having to split our data into multiple events.

Wow, are you serious? 

We just starting out, not sure if I should rather try out another platform. 

If you're just getting started, I would advise using a different platform.

Thanks, I'm going to look at https://github.com/heroiclabs/nakama

Login to post a comment