Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Drop in team

It's common to be able to just jump into your friend's party in games. It's easy enough to join a team if you know the owner and type or the team ID but if I want to join the party of a friend who isn't the team owner how would I go about doing this?

You can make a GetMyTeamsRequest to get the teams you're in but there doesn't seem to be a way to get the teams someone else is in. Maybe I'm missing something but the way I imagined it working was: 

Get friend's teams
if it's of x type and not full then join

but there's no way to request someone's teams as far as I can tell. 

Hi Arthur,

You could send a ListTeamsRequest to get a list back of a particular team types teams in the game. Alternatively for a friend you could send the GetMyTeamsRequest as a SparkRequest in Cloud Code as the friend to get their list of teams and then attempt to join one from that list. You would just need to replace Send(); with SendAs(friendId); to do this.Try that and let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Liam

Is there a way to make a custom request / response for this that I could call from UE4.

Example:
GetFriendParty_Request
-requests the team data for the 'PARTY' team the user is in
GetFriendParty_Response
-returns team data or associated errors

If that's not possible how do I go about calling custom cloud scripts from code?

Login to post a comment