Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Need explanation about runtime, meta collections and LIVE snapshots

I have a DB with player profiles. Game (client side) updates this profiles.

I have a version in LIVE, for example, 1.0.0. 

I have a new snapshot I want to submit to LIVE, for example, version 1.1.0. 

When I submit this new snapshot all runtime collection from LIVE (old snapshot 1.0.0) will be removed or replaced by collections from new snapshot (1.1.0)? or no? 

And if I want to save user data from LIVE in the new snapshot it should be stored as meta collection? 

So the main idea I want not to lose user profiles from LIVE (1.0.0) and update snapshot to new one (1.1.0). Could you clarify that the DB type should be used for my case? Thanks. 

Best Answer

Hi Sergii,

This is covered in our Going Live Checklist here. Live runtime collections are not touched (or reset) during the publishing process. Meta collection updates from preview are pushed to live when you publish. So you should use runtime collections to store user data on live. Does that make sense ?

Regards,

Liam

Answer

Hi Sergii,

This is covered in our Going Live Checklist here. Live runtime collections are not touched (or reset) during the publishing process. Meta collection updates from preview are pushed to live when you publish. So you should use runtime collections to store user data on live. Does that make sense ?

Regards,

Liam

1 person likes this

Yes thanks. Now it is clear. 

Login to post a comment