Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

System collection compromise

Reference: https://support.gamesparks.net/support/discussions/topics/1000069979

We know you dislike when users access the system collection, however, there are times when this is simply a better route than duplicating data into a separate collection.

Hi Christopher,

What would be the use case for needing to do this ? You can access the current player object using SparkPlayer calls in Cloud Code. You can also load any other player object with loadPlayer. A bulkjob can be used to perform actions on multiple players based on a query against the player system collection.

Regards,

Liam

A: The API seems to calls one at a time, instead of a batch.
B: The thread I linked has a couple use cases.
C: The API restricts to a data structure which may not be the desired structure wanted.

Off the top of my head I can think of a case where the user may want to search players, or teams, or what-have you, using a wildcard; which as far as I'm aware the API does not provide that flexibility. The argument by your team for much of this is to duplicate the collection, which is redundant and pointless, if there's no extra data, when you can query the system collection once and be done.

Hi Christopher,

There are requests for accessing most of the system collections. The ListTeamsRequest can be used to search for teams. FindChallengeRequest for challenges. ListMessageDetailsRequest for messages. The MatchMakingRequest for matchmaking. If you can give us specific use cases we can look into getting them added as feature requests if there is no way to current achieve them. Letting people hit the system collections with queries can have a negative impact on a games performance, especially as it scales. That is the main reason that we don't like users accessing them in Cloud Code. Please run through a list of use cases and we can give you the best current solution for them.

Regards,

Liam

Hello.
Sorry for necoring old topic, but I face this issue right now.
I want access for the TeamChatMessageHistory, and PlayerMessageHistory. My goal is to make a report system, when a user reports another user, we gather the chat logs from around the time they got reported.
I am aware that there is a ListTeamChatMessageHistory request, but it requires entryCount, and offset...
Listing the whole chat history (especially for "world chat") is a very bad idea. I'd need to make the query with the time these messages were sent.
Also, PlayerMessage contains a LOT of messages, not just chat, I'd need to filter them out too.

Is there any way to achieve this, without reaching the system collection?
Thanks. 
Login to post a comment