Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Can I do ELO ranking with GS's Leaderboard system?

Hi,

I'm making a fighting game and want to have an Leaderboard with an ELO style ranking system.

Can GS's leaderboards be configured to use that algorithm?

Cheers

Fredrik

http://www.blueroomvr.com/mecharushdown

Best Answer

Hi Fredrik,

No this is not something that's supported out of the box I'm afraid. What you would likely need to do here is have an event for the custom ELO calculation. This event would take the score in from the player then allow you to do the required calculations based on the score and skill of the player and then pass it to the leaderboard with the event that posts the score to the it being sent as a SparkRequest in the same events Cloud Code. Does that make sense ? If you have any further questions just let us know.

Regards,

Liam

Bumping once. Hoping for a reply from someone at Gamesparks...

Answer

Hi Fredrik,

No this is not something that's supported out of the box I'm afraid. What you would likely need to do here is have an event for the custom ELO calculation. This event would take the score in from the player then allow you to do the required calculations based on the score and skill of the player and then pass it to the leaderboard with the event that posts the score to the it being sent as a SparkRequest in the same events Cloud Code. Does that make sense ? If you have any further questions just let us know.

Regards,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Thanks a lot for the explanation!

I just talked to the programmer who is helping me with this work and that made sense to her.

(Actually she had already done that kind of stuff before)

Cheers

Fredrik

www.mecharushdown.com

Hi Fredrik,

No problem. If you guys have any follow up questions just let me know.

Regards,

Liam

Login to post a comment