Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Analytics funnel

I'm thinking of using GS as the backend for our game. As an intro step, I'm thinking of porting analytics to GS. However, I have these questions which I couldn't get an answer to after reading docs. - does GS support funnels ? Similar to unity or Google analytics funnels. - we have about 100 levels in the game. I send analytics data at the end of each level. How would I find information like, what is the average score at the end of a given level ? - what is the limit on events/data ? Thanks

Best Answer

Hey Priyank,

We currently do not have these features out-of-the-box however there is a major overhaul to our analytics suite coming in the future.
There are a few things you could do in the meantime however, just to keep the data in the one place.
You can also post the level data to GameSparks and store it in a collection so you can export it later. It is easy enough to create tools like custom dashboards and charts with GameSparks that would allow you to aggregate that data and create your own tables and charts. Further to this you could export the data to a JSON or CSV and import it into another tool if needed.

In future we will also have features that allow you to export to an s3 bucket so you can integrate it with other external tools from there.

Sorry we couldnt be more accommodating at this point in time.
Sean

Hi Priyank,

Thank you for your question, we are looking to address analytical issue with a future update in the coming months.

Regards,

Ronan

Hi Ronan, So do you not support these features in analytics yet ?
Answer

Hey Priyank,

We currently do not have these features out-of-the-box however there is a major overhaul to our analytics suite coming in the future.
There are a few things you could do in the meantime however, just to keep the data in the one place.
You can also post the level data to GameSparks and store it in a collection so you can export it later. It is easy enough to create tools like custom dashboards and charts with GameSparks that would allow you to aggregate that data and create your own tables and charts. Further to this you could export the data to a JSON or CSV and import it into another tool if needed.

In future we will also have features that allow you to export to an s3 bucket so you can integrate it with other external tools from there.

Sorry we couldnt be more accommodating at this point in time.
Sean

Hi Sean, thanks for getting back to me. I was hoping if you could give me an example of what you said: You can also post the level data to GameSparks and store it in a collection so you can export it later. It is easy enough to create tools like custom dashboards and charts with GameSparks that would allow you to aggregate that data and create your own tables and charts. Do I send data as analytics data or some other way ? How do I put it in a collection? Is there an example of defining a chart which uses a collection? Thanks
Login to post a comment