Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

About creating a realtime game based on rooms

Hi!

I'm pretty new with Unity and GameSparks.

I managed to create a basic a authentication system and it was pretty easy and smooth process but now that i've to structure my game i don't really understand from where i may start.

Basically i read about challanges, realtime, matchmaking but from docs seems that no one of them is suitable for my needs.

So basically what i want to achieve is one of these two scenarios:

Scenario 1

1: User1 and User2 Log into the game.

2: User1 see a text input in which he/she enters a room's name and eventually a password.

3: User1 is now the owner of the room and have special features of the game reserved to him/her.

4: User2 through the room name can join then room.

5: Inside the room i see a plane with 2 cube 1 for user1 and 1 for user2

6: Users can move their own cubes.

Scenario 2

1: User1 and User2 Log into the game.

2: User1 see a text input in which it enters a room's name and a eventually a password.

3: User1 is now the owner of the room and have special features of the game reserved to him/her.

4: User1 invite user2 through a friendlist or by typing his/her nickname.

5: Inside the room i see a plane with 2 cubes 1 for user1 and for user2

6: Users can move their own cubes.

In both scenario i should have all the data of evey single user to be collected inside the room info.

can i achieve one of these 2 scenarios using gamesparks?

Thank you so much.

Best Answer

Hi Stefano,

It looks like teams aren't enable in your games config. On the Game Overview page click "edit" in the top right hand corner. Once the next page loads go into the Features & Integrations tab and enable Teams and click save. You should now be able to configure teams.

Regards,

Liam

Hi Stefano,

You could likely make use of our teams feature here. You can read about how to create teams here. You could then search for teams by name with the ListTeamsRequest and then join a team with a JoinTeamRequest. You could then code some logic into this request in cloud code to add password protection to the rooms if you wish. 

Regards,

Liam

I cannot see the team label in the menu. Is it accessible in some other way?

Answer

Hi Stefano,

It looks like teams aren't enable in your games config. On the Game Overview page click "edit" in the top right hand corner. Once the next page loads go into the Features & Integrations tab and enable Teams and click save. You should now be able to configure teams.

Regards,

Liam

Login to post a comment