Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Voice chat during Realtime session

Hello.

I'm looking for a way to enable voice chat for players within a RealTime session, it's not like a voice call, but simply a way to send messages (packets) that contain voice data, each voice data will probably be just a short voice message.

I know this isn't supported currently within GameSparks, but is it planned to be added soon? Because a lot of multiplayer games require the voice chat feature, so I think it's important to think about adding it.

Right now I'm thinking of sending bytes that can be interpreted on the other side (the receiver) as a voice message, I will research more about that, but not sure if it will be efficient.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Hi Yaser, nothing is planned for voice communication right now. Thank you for your feedback, we'll consider it and if we see a bigger demand and have the resources to do it, we will.

Cheers,

Omar

Answer

Hi Yaser, nothing is planned for voice communication right now. Thank you for your feedback, we'll consider it and if we see a bigger demand and have the resources to do it, we will.

Cheers,

Omar

Hi, Omar.

Fine, I think I can raise a feature request, and If it got enough votes, then you might consider adding it right?

As for a workaround, do you think it's possible to encode the voice message as bytes and send them to other players with SendBytes function?

And thanks for your response and your general support, I appreciate it.

Yes, we prioritise our features depending on demand and usefulness. If we have the time and resources to develop them, we do.

I think that would be your best approach as a work around, I'm very interested to see how you get on with it.

You're very welcome, always here to help.

Cheers,

Omar 

Ok, I will search more on the topic when I can, and will keep you updated If I've found anything useful.

Login to post a comment