Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

in game news

Hi, I'm using the Properties feature to show news text inside my game that I can update in properties in the GS portal. Do I need to publish a snapshot everytime I update the property with new news? If so, is there a better way to make this feature so that I can just update the text and it goes live right away?

-JJ

Best Answer

Yes, since Property Sets are configurables, you will have to republish to effectively see changes. Runtime collections are intended to be changed and their details retrieved over the course of the game's life which makes sense for you to have a news runtime collection. Here you can save previous news too. You can have a few admin accounts with the correct credentials be the only accounts able to add news to the runtime collection.

You can add a value to the collection entry to specify it's the latest entry and display that to the player, the rest can be retrieved by the player if they wish to see previous news in a different tab or screen.

Hope this helps,

Omar

Hey Jedrzej,

If you have your news saved in a runtime collection your players will be able to receive them in real-time without having to publish or upload anything.

Cheers,

Omar

Ok I see, so instead of using the properties feature I could just create a cloud code that retrieved the news from a runtime collection?

So with the properties, the only way to make a change to them live is to publish a new snapshot right?

Answer

Yes, since Property Sets are configurables, you will have to republish to effectively see changes. Runtime collections are intended to be changed and their details retrieved over the course of the game's life which makes sense for you to have a news runtime collection. Here you can save previous news too. You can have a few admin accounts with the correct credentials be the only accounts able to add news to the runtime collection.

You can add a value to the collection entry to specify it's the latest entry and display that to the player, the rest can be retrieved by the player if they wish to see previous news in a different tab or screen.

Hope this helps,

Omar

Login to post a comment