Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

How does the hosting work

Hello,

I am working on a space mutliplayer shooter. And I want to use Gamesparks for the networking part. But it is unclear to me if I need to take care of my own hosting like set up a dedicated server, or if I can just connect to gamesparks and send data through there?

Sincerely,

Pygesux

Best Answer

Hi Pygesux

At current we don't support dedicated servers, but it is something we are looking in to. If you are reliant on a Client-Server realtime setup you can use your own dedicated server but GameSparks wont be responsible for any of the net code naturally, GameSparks can still be used for a server browser and returning IP's for the users to connect to etc.

GameSparks itself runs on a PvP model for our network programming. However, we use a host server to relay communications between players. This brings significant benefits:

Allows our services to support a higher number of players than traditional PvP models.

Gives you the option to host games in the regions of your choice to reduce latency issues.

You can find out more on our real time services here

Regards

Ronan

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Pygesux

At current we don't support dedicated servers, but it is something we are looking in to. If you are reliant on a Client-Server realtime setup you can use your own dedicated server but GameSparks wont be responsible for any of the net code naturally, GameSparks can still be used for a server browser and returning IP's for the users to connect to etc.

GameSparks itself runs on a PvP model for our network programming. However, we use a host server to relay communications between players. This brings significant benefits:

Allows our services to support a higher number of players than traditional PvP models.

Gives you the option to host games in the regions of your choice to reduce latency issues.

You can find out more on our real time services here

Regards

Ronan

Login to post a comment