Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

control participants number in a match

i have a match where no more than 6 players can be added.
how to do that?

moreover, I want the user to set max.player number before starting the match. how to collect the max player value from user side and feed into match making system?

Best Answer

Hi Ahsan,

You are on to the right idea, one way to approach your problem would be through the use of multiple matches with the different valid increments of max players you want to allow the client to specify and then have the different 'match' short codes linked to the corresponding UI on the clients end. This would allow the client to select the max number of players they want to play with. 

Please note that a player who has chosen a match with a maximum of 4 people will not be matched with someone who has chosen a maximum of 6 as they have created different match criteria, only someone who has chosen to match with 4 will be matched with a player who has chosen the same criteria. 

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards

Ronan

i have put desired player number to max player field. it is now limiting player number.
but the problem is that it is no more allowing to start more than 1 match.
so rest of my testers are not getting any "match found  message".
what to do?

Answer

Hi Ahsan,

You are on to the right idea, one way to approach your problem would be through the use of multiple matches with the different valid increments of max players you want to allow the client to specify and then have the different 'match' short codes linked to the corresponding UI on the clients end. This would allow the client to select the max number of players they want to play with. 

Please note that a player who has chosen a match with a maximum of 4 people will not be matched with someone who has chosen a maximum of 6 as they have created different match criteria, only someone who has chosen to match with 4 will be matched with a player who has chosen the same criteria. 

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards

Ronan

hmm.
basically it means that player cannot choose how many player can be available in a match.
but he have the choice to choose which match he want to play.

on the devloper side, developer have to create 100  'match' short codes  to provide the option to invite random number of player in the range of 2 to 100 .

right ?

Thats right. You could setup multiple matches with the same config, but different min/max values depending on which they want to join.

Login to post a comment