Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Watermark in preview mode

Hello, GameSparks team.

We are recently trying to make promotion video of our game with capturing game play

before launching the game. However, the GameSparks watermark on down left corner is

always showing on every platforms which is bothering.

Is there way to remove the watermark for temporary without changing the server mode to release?

Thanks in advance!

Danny

Best Answer

Hi Danny,

I'm afraid it's not possible to remove this in preview. I've checked your account and you are on the Indie & Student program so you guys would simply be able to publish a snapshot to live, record this game play footage and then unpublish the snapshot afterwards. Once the game is in live mode the watermark won't be there. Will that work for you ?

Regards,

Liam

Answer

Hi Danny,

I'm afraid it's not possible to remove this in preview. I've checked your account and you are on the Indie & Student program so you guys would simply be able to publish a snapshot to live, record this game play footage and then unpublish the snapshot afterwards. Once the game is in live mode the watermark won't be there. Will that work for you ?

Regards,

Liam

Well, its possible to remove the watermark by commenting line 56 to 76 in the GameSparksUnity script. We had to do this because we have UI stuff there that was being covered, I think would be a good idea to have a toggle to turn that off.

Hi,

We wouldn't recommend editing the SDK files like this. The reason it's in place is to remind users they're currently in preview mode. This is important as a preventative measure to stop users publishing their games in preview mode. If the watermark is bothering you in a specific way we can look into adjusting it in a future update.

Regards,

Liam

1 person likes this

Thank you Hjupter and Liam.

Yeah, I noticed the code for the watermark, however I decided to go to publish for a while to take

the play-video. I wanted to test scripts that work for the start of publish, anyway.

Best,

Danny

Login to post a comment