Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Oculus authorisation for GS!?

Hello,

I am making a VR game that is going to Oculus as a first platform but I then plan to follow up with a Steam version after some time.

I am looking at using GS for some of my backend tasks like storing player data and leaderboards.

I believe that there is currently no Oculus authorisation 'forwarding' (sorry I don't know the technical term)?

I can't have my players having to login to a second platform just to play my game so I was wondering if anyone knew how I could get around this problem?

I don't want to store any passwords on the server.

Does anyone know if this is a feature that is going to be added to GS in the near future?

Cheers

Fredrik

1 person has this question

Gentle bump. I'll do this once only.

Hi Fredrik

We currently provide authentication for social platforms and game accounts.

As far as I an aware Oculus does not have a  player account system as it is an add on to what you are playing the game on(steam,ps4,xbox)

What platforms are you building your game for?

If you have a link to any documentation by Oculus on a player account system can you link it here and we will review if this will be a future feature

Regards

Katie.

Hi and Thanks for replying!

Oh yes they have a platform api and their own Steam like platform, Oculus Home/Store it's called.

Here's a web page to start looking at;  https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/platform/latest/concepts/book-plat-sdk-intro/

The majority of Oculus owners buy their game through Oculus store as from what I can tell.

I'm building primarily for Oculus Store to start with but I then 6-12 months later plan to also get onto Steam and have cross Oculus-Steam multiplayer functionality.

It sounds like you probably won't have an Oculus auth in place for my first release so I will have to find an intermediate solution.

Do you know a method of securely doing an automatic server coded auth forwarding that I could use in the meantime?

I don't want to store passwords on a server as that would be pretty unsafe.

Cheers

Fredrik 

i am also interested to hear about that.
any comment from GS support?

Hi all

This has been added to the feature request backlog.

Regards

Katie

Hi, I'd also like to include Oculus into my game. Are there any news regarding the integration Thank you!
I also want this.
Login to post a comment