How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Order of Partition Codes & Values in Multiple Partition Leaderboards

Hi,

I have an event with the following attributes:

Score

Day

Country

I use this event to post scores in a Leaderboard.

The Leaderboard Partition Short Codes don't follow the order listed in the event (top to bottom).

i.e. Country is used before day, e.g. LeaderboardName.Country.UK.Day.1496620800000.

This might be in alphabetical order A to Z but I'm not sure.

Could you please tell me if there's a particular logic on the ordering of Partition Codes & Values in Multiple Partition Leaderboards, or if the order is just random.

Thanks!

Hi Panos,

The order will be defined by how the attributes are configured in the leaderboard itself on the Portal. You'll notice in the Fields window in the leaderboard configuration that they can be re ordered there.

So while your event config may be configured as Score,Day & County your leaderboard config sounds like it is Score,Country & Day. Does that make sense ? 

Regards,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Here is a snapshot of the attributes in the leaderboard:

The top field "SlalomDistance" is equivalent to "score". Then below that is "Day", and "Country is at the bottom.

Here is one of the partitions that got created during my tests:

SlalomDistance_Local_daily.Country.FR.Day.1496620800000"

Given the above leaderboard configuration and the generated partition, it seems to me that either there's something I really don't understand, or there's something wrong.

Best Regards

Panos

Hi Panos,

After some testing I can confirm that the order of the attributes configured in the event will determine the order of the partitions. So looking at your leaderboard and how the shortCode is generated your event has the country attribute defined above the day one. Is that how you have in configured in your game ? 

Regards,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Actually the Day attribute is defined above Country:

This is very strange.

I wonder if this has to do with the fact that I've made many changes to the events, partly to familiarize myself with the system, and partly to take the system through its paces, and see what I can or cannot do.

However, as far as I can remember, I mostly renamed the attributes and the events themselves several times, and also deleted and added some etc. I now feel very comfortable/confident that the system behaves reliably, and does what it's expected to do.  Although, I can't remember ever adding the Country, before Day, Week, Month, I can't say that I didn't.

So, maybe this issue is a side effect of the multiple changes I made to the events.

For whatever it's worth, I'll create brand new events with Country, AFTER Day, Week, Month, to see if that that makes a difference. I'll use the new events to post to the existing leaderboards, hoping that this time the partitions will be created in the right order.

Best Regards

Panos

Hi Liam,

I conducted some more tests, and I'm quite sure now that the ordering is indeed in alphabetical order A to Z.

I created a new event and used it on the existing Leaderboards. Same as above, the Country field was not last, as per event and Leaderboard order (Top to Bottom).

I then created a new Test Leaderboard and tried it out with the new event. No change, Country field was not last.

I then created a Test Event and purposely misspelled country as Zountry to test alphabetical order. I used it on the new Test Leaderboard, and ta-da the Zountry field was listed last, i.e. after the Day field.

I then created another test Event where I used Zountry first, then Day, and Distance last.

Again, the Zountry field was listed last.

So, this leads me to conclude that the string fields are sorted alphabetically A to Z.

Of course, it would be nice (more user friendly) to have it the way you said, according to the order listed in the event (Feature Request?) :-)

Best Regards

Panos

Hi Panos,

Apologies for the delayed response. Let me look into this for you some more and I'll get back to you soon.

Regards,

Liam

For anyone else wondering on the status of this topic.  It seems that the order of the elements is still alphabetical on partitioned leaderboards.

Login to post a comment