Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Downloadables versioning

Hi, I need to upload asset bundles to GS but I was wondering if they also get separated between preview and live environment or both environments will have the same files, anyone?

Thanks

Hi Hjupter,

The downloadables are separate on preview and live. Deleting one from preview won't remove it from the live game. It will however be removed on the next snapshot publish. Does that make sense ? 

Regards,

Liam

I see, if you rollback an old snapshot it will restore the downloadables to that version?

Hi Hjupter,

Yes that's correct. It's part of the snapshots saved configuration.

Regards,

Liam

Ok got it. I think that would be great if we could see a version number of downloadables like if I upload the same file 10 times I would like to see "version 10" and "live version 9" for example saying that version 9 was the last update in the current live snapshot. I think this would be a great feature to have.

The getDownloadableRequest returns a lastModified date. You can use that for versioning.

@David Brandes I was talking about the portal not the client. Like this for example, well in this case you can rollback whatever version you want I was just asking to know what is the current version and which one is on live.

Hi Hjupter,

The lastModified value will be returned in the response of this REST API call. You can also get it in Cloud Code with the following.

Spark.getConfig().getDownloadable(shortCode).getLastModified()

If you feel this isn't enough for your needs please feel free to log a feature request.

Regards,

Liam

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment