Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Is there a limit to the number of Virtual Goods?

Is there a limit to the number of Virtual Goods? I am working on an augmented reality IoT game, where each physical, real-world item needs to be tracked in the game and in players' inventory. They will also change hands, be traded and be purchased, so I am assuming I should use Virtual Goods for this. Can I create 60,000+ Virtual Good short codes? Or should I use a different mechanism altogether for this?

Best Answer

Hi David, 

A custom runtime collection would be the best solution here I think. Users don't have the power to create Virtual Goods. The configuration of Virtual Goods is done on preview then pushed to live with a snapshot so it wouldn't work for you. What you could do is have a custom collection for these items and when a player discovers a new one fire off an event that enters it into the collection with a currency value and some other properties (trade value etc..). You can then handle the trade and buying of these with custom events and Cloud Code. SparkPlayer has credit and debit calls for each of the available currencies. Each currency also has a balance check. With these you should be able to build your own shop system to manage sale of these custom items. Does this sound like it would work for you here ?

Regards,

Liam

1 Comment

Answer

Hi David, 

A custom runtime collection would be the best solution here I think. Users don't have the power to create Virtual Goods. The configuration of Virtual Goods is done on preview then pushed to live with a snapshot so it wouldn't work for you. What you could do is have a custom collection for these items and when a player discovers a new one fire off an event that enters it into the collection with a currency value and some other properties (trade value etc..). You can then handle the trade and buying of these with custom events and Cloud Code. SparkPlayer has credit and debit calls for each of the available currencies. Each currency also has a balance check. With these you should be able to build your own shop system to manage sale of these custom items. Does this sound like it would work for you here ?

Regards,

Liam

Login to post a comment