Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Export Player data to third party

G'day I have just started on Gamesparks so forgive me if my question sounds a little basic.

I need to export the data of the players who have registered for my app to a third party. I understand that this can be done via a json file.

How do I do that??

Also any chance we can then convert that to an XL file?

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy

Best Answer

G'day Steve,

Thanks for responding.

I did try in another browser and it worked as described. 

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

You can export the "players" System Collection in one of 2 ways.

1) Using the NoSQL Explorer, click on the "Export" button. This will export the collection as a JSON file 1000 documents at a time.

2) Using the NoSQL REST API, do a find query on the player collection. This is more useful for automated processes where you want to regularly export data at intervals.

-Pádraig

G'day Padraig,

Thanks for your help but I need more unfortunately.

I follow the routine as described previously - go to NoSQL tab. Open "System" dropdown. Select "Player".

Then insert {"userName":1,"displayName":1} into "Fields" search box. Then click on "Find". I get all the registered users as per the attached photo.

I then click on "Export" and nothing happens. Well actually the list of names then disappears.

I am not sure what i am doing wrong but it is not working for me. Any ideas?

Thanks again

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

I have tried the steps you have outlined above and am unable to reproduce this error. I'm going to the NoSQL tab and selecting the Player system collection. I then place the same fields into the fields dialog box, I then do a find on the collection and hit export. This results in a download dialog popup appearing for me to save the export. Might it be the case that a browser plugin may be preventing this for you? Would I be able to ask what browser you are using?

Kind regards,

- Steve

Answer

G'day Steve,

Thanks for responding.

I did try in another browser and it worked as described. 

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Jimmy

Login to post a comment