Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

RealTime Script for one player

Hello!

We do the Real Time PvP game for two players. Now we want to do tutorial, and we need to do the bot on the server side.

For this reason we need to start Real Time session with one player.

Our game logic situated on server scripts and we definitely need to do bot on the server side.

I found this task https://support.gamesparks.net/support/discussions/topics/1000081264 .

Can you please tell me the date of release of this feature?

Thanks!

Hi Alexey,

What exactly do you mean by "do a tutorial" ? The feature request you have linked to is in our backlog but has not been scheduled for development as of yet. Can you let me know your exact requirements here please.

Regards,

Liam

Hi Liam,

I meant that I need to do bot as second player. 

I don't want to change game logic and want to do "fake" second player on server side.

In this reason I want to start Real Time script for one player.

Hi Alexey,

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm gathering this from what you're saying. Player one looks to create some form of co op match by sending a MatchMakingRequest, while this request is in the process of searching for a match the RT script is accessible before the match is made with another player. You essentially want a single player to be able to run around in game while sending data to an RT script while in the process of MatchMaking ? Is that right ?

Thanks,

Liam 

Hi Liam,

Sorry for my bad english, I'll try to explain:

Now, in our game all Real Time logic locates on server side.

Both clients do matchmaking request and, after that all heroes in game managed by server script.

But now, I have a new task - do a toutorial ( Learning scene that shows how to play our game ).

For this purpose I want to start session with only one player.

I want to do the copy of my RT script, and connet to it.

Thanks,

Alex

I'm try to do the same thing too. In fact we should be able to run a Realtime alone (without matchmaking) to be able to use fake players and compute the logic on the server. 

Is there any way to do this ?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input here. I'll run this by the dev team and get back to you.

Regards,

Liam

Hi Liam!

Let me know please when it'll be done.

Thanks!

Alexey Pozdnyakov!

Hi Guys, 

Just a quick update to let you know that this has been added in the latest platform release. You can read about this here. Setting minPlayers to 1 on the match will allow you to use this functionality.

Regards,

Liam

Login to post a comment