Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

UE4 Dedicated Server on GameLift reports WebSocket Error X509

Hey there,

I got a strange thing going on with GameSparks. I'm using your Plugin, despite the fact that I changed the "SceneComponent" to a "UObject", cause there is zero need for this to be a SceneComponent (ActorComponent would be the choice here) AND I want to have this in my GameInstance, so I made it a UObject.

After packaging and starting the Server on my own PC, everything works fine. Uploading the same files to the AWS GameLift Servers spams my log with this:

[2017.05.06-17.32.28:929][ 0]UGameSparksModuleLog: Received websocket error: X509 - Certificate verification failed, e.g. CRL, CA or signature check failed

[2017.05.06-17.32.28:930][ 0]UGameSparksModuleLog: Got websocket error. Please make sure, that you've setup you credentials.

[2017.05.06-17.32.28:930][ 0]UGameSparksModuleLog: Backing off for one seconds

[2017.05.06-17.32.29:958][ 31]UGameSparksModuleLog: Create new connection

And it doesn't stop. What causes this and how can I fix this?

Cheers!

1 person has this problem

Hi Radu,

The steps are in Cedric's reply. Visiting the GameSparks.com page installs the certificates, also using the console command :

"certmgr /add addtrustexternalcaroot.crt"

Will get it to work.

Cheers,

Omar

Thanks Omar, but bare with me a little. Where can i download this addtrustexternalcaroot.crt certificate from?

Hey Radu,

I'm not an expert on Gamelift so I can't give you crystal clear info I'm afraid. However I did manage to find this from the Gamelift forum with the same issue raised by eXi:

"Given the cert chain for gamesparks.com it looks like they're(GameSparks) using Comodo. They provide their certificate chains for download here:

https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/comodo/Knowledgebase/Article/View/620/0/which-is-root-which-is-intermediate

You could try downloading the certs (I'm guessing ComodoSSL) and installing them with certmgr in the install.bat.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732061(v=ws.10).aspx"

Is this enough to help you?

Omar

Login to post a comment