Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Match cannot be found between standalone game clients

So when I run my game, matchmaking works fine between the unity editor and a standalone build.


However, my issue is that when using two standalone clients(both on one machine and when using two computers) the match never seems to be found. I've tried with manual matchmaking, regular matchmaking, and log event matchmaking.


I'm loving GameSparks so far, this has been my first real issue.


Best Answer

Look at what is going on behind the scenes and determine the problem device. You can see which devices/players are queued by going to pendingMatches in the system collections.


Side note: both on one machine, if using Device Authentication, makes sense that it wouldn't work: they'd log in as the same player.


Answer

Look at what is going on behind the scenes and determine the problem device. You can see which devices/players are queued by going to pendingMatches in the system collections.


Side note: both on one machine, if using Device Authentication, makes sense that it wouldn't work: they'd log in as the same player.

Thanks for the quick response! I forgot to mention that they are unique users with a separate user name and password.


I'll look into what you mentioned with the pending matches.

Ok so now I am seeing what the issue is. No matter which account I log in as it's always showing the same player ID in the pending matches even though I'm not using device authentication. I think I've got it from here. Thanks again!

Just to point out as there was a similar post not too long ago, make sure that you set the Listener for MatchFoundMessage and MatchNotFoundMessage, Unity Editor will display the raw message, your device will not unless you are reading logs (ie Android's adb logcat).

I had done those things. I just deleted all the players in the DB and setup an in-game registration and now everything works fine.

Login to post a comment