Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

.net on the back end?

I think I know the answer to this but I want to be sure... Is there a way to define all my back end behaviors as one or more .net assemblies?

Best Answer

If any's interested, and assuming someone can upload a reasonably large javascript file as a module, it turns out this is very easy to accomplish with Bridge.net.

Step 1: Get Bridge.net for Visual Studio

Step 2: Create a Bridge.net project in your solution

Step 3: Edit the project file

Step 4: Add links to the source files from your other modules.  This can be accomplished en masse by using items of the following shape:

<Compile Include="relative_project_root\**\*.cs" Exclude="relative_solution_root\**\AssemblyInfo.cs">
      <Link>folder_in_this_project\%(RecursiveDir)%(FileName)</Link>
    </Compile>

Step 5: Iteratively compile and make sure your code cross compiles correctly.

I haven't really thought about cross-compiling my tests and seeing if they pass.  I probably should but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Bridge.net isn't going to handle the MsTest --> JsUnit (or whatever) conversion very well.

They don't support C# 7.0 but you still get approximately 6.0 more C#s than nothing.

Hi Max,

Unfortunately this is not possible on the GameSparks portal. 

-Pádraig

That really is too bad.
What about TypeScript definitions for the back end API. I might be able to live with that.

Hi Max,

This is currently in our Feature Backlog and has been requested before. We currently can't provide an estimate for when this will be delivered.

-Pádraig

Answer

If any's interested, and assuming someone can upload a reasonably large javascript file as a module, it turns out this is very easy to accomplish with Bridge.net.

Step 1: Get Bridge.net for Visual Studio

Step 2: Create a Bridge.net project in your solution

Step 3: Edit the project file

Step 4: Add links to the source files from your other modules.  This can be accomplished en masse by using items of the following shape:

<Compile Include="relative_project_root\**\*.cs" Exclude="relative_solution_root\**\AssemblyInfo.cs">
      <Link>folder_in_this_project\%(RecursiveDir)%(FileName)</Link>
    </Compile>

Step 5: Iteratively compile and make sure your code cross compiles correctly.

I haven't really thought about cross-compiling my tests and seeing if they pass.  I probably should but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Bridge.net isn't going to handle the MsTest --> JsUnit (or whatever) conversion very well.

They don't support C# 7.0 but you still get approximately 6.0 more C#s than nothing.

2 people like this
Login to post a comment