Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Clearing recieved RTData

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to clear RTData after received by the second player to prevent receiving same data over again.  I am using RTData for synchronising players animation and incoming packet repeatedly triggers an animation.

Best Answer

Sorry Petr, i dont understand.

Is the data being sent between two players, or from the server?
If it is being sent between two players, then there should be any need to send the packet again, but if this is a problem, then you can get the packet, update the animation and then send a packet to the player to tell them to stop sending the animation.

If you are using Unity, you can just check if the GameObject has the current animation defined by the packet and ignore it if it is currently playing the animation.

Does that make sense?
Thanks,
Sean

Answer

Sorry Petr, i dont understand.

Is the data being sent between two players, or from the server?
If it is being sent between two players, then there should be any need to send the packet again, but if this is a problem, then you can get the packet, update the animation and then send a packet to the player to tell them to stop sending the animation.

If you are using Unity, you can just check if the GameObject has the current animation defined by the packet and ignore it if it is currently playing the animation.

Does that make sense?
Thanks,
Sean

1 person likes this

Thanks for your advice. I solved my problem.

Login to post a comment