Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Does GameSparks fit my needs?

I'm in the search of a BaaS for my upcoming game. Before analyzing the GameSparks API i'd like to know if you consider that it fits my needs.

The game is about Questions and Answers. Lets assume each questions will be opened to all connected players. In order to send an answer one player has to invest one ticket. If the answer is wrong, one coin will be added to the question, if it is right, the player will earn all collected coins by that question.

1- Could i easily handle an inventory of questions in JSON format?

2- I have to implement a function in the server-side for checking if an answer is correct, adding coins to the question total or substracting tickets to the player. So each time the player sends an answers will be considered an API call ? (Thinking in your Fair Usage Policy)

3- I want my players to see how the total coins of the questions are updated when other players send wrong or right answers. Do i need the real-time service for it, or is there another way of updating the client-side data just when it changes in the server-side?

4- Could i turn leaderboards into tournaments?

6- Could i easily handle a referral system?

7- The project is thought to be developed within the ionic framework. I assume I have to use the JavaScript SDK. Known this, could i deal with native android options such Notifications with the JavaScript SDK?

Thank you!    

Best Answer

Hi Ronald,

1. I don't see why not. We use MongoDB so I think this would suit perfectly. Questions are just strings. One potential route could be to have a runtime collection of Questions.

2. I think an event here would suit your needs perfectly. One potential way would be to setup an Event that could take a Question ID and the players answer, this could then be checked in the cloud code running this event and the player awarded or question awarded appropriately. 

3. Again I think an event would suit your needs perfectly here. One potential way could be to make a QuestionList event that could be fired after a player has submitted an answer or every so often if the player isn't too active in answering questions. This would then return an updated response of the current state of each question.

4. I'm not sure I follow what you mean, it would be possible to setup a tournament leaderboard. We also have challenges and match making, these can be used in various ways to setup tournaments.

5. - 

6. Would it be possible to clarify what you mean by a referral system? It would be possible to modify the registration event to take extra script data, this could include the playerId of the referring player.

7. To the best of my knowledge it's down to the development frameworks interaction with the native OS. If it is possible to get the required information necessary to setup push Notification on the respective OS I believe this should be possible.

I hope this helps, best of luck in your BaaS decision.

- Steve

Answer

Hi Ronald,

1. I don't see why not. We use MongoDB so I think this would suit perfectly. Questions are just strings. One potential route could be to have a runtime collection of Questions.

2. I think an event here would suit your needs perfectly. One potential way would be to setup an Event that could take a Question ID and the players answer, this could then be checked in the cloud code running this event and the player awarded or question awarded appropriately. 

3. Again I think an event would suit your needs perfectly here. One potential way could be to make a QuestionList event that could be fired after a player has submitted an answer or every so often if the player isn't too active in answering questions. This would then return an updated response of the current state of each question.

4. I'm not sure I follow what you mean, it would be possible to setup a tournament leaderboard. We also have challenges and match making, these can be used in various ways to setup tournaments.

5. - 

6. Would it be possible to clarify what you mean by a referral system? It would be possible to modify the registration event to take extra script data, this could include the playerId of the referring player.

7. To the best of my knowledge it's down to the development frameworks interaction with the native OS. If it is possible to get the required information necessary to setup push Notification on the respective OS I believe this should be possible.

I hope this helps, best of luck in your BaaS decision.

- Steve

1 person likes this

Thank you again Steve, a great help!

I'll make some tests with your SDK.

Kind regards,

Ronald.

Login to post a comment