Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Question about fair use policy.

Hi there, I had a few questions on the fair use policy.

When you say: API Requests: 5,000 per MAU, does that mean any call to the GameSparks platform counts as 1 call? I want to write as much of the code in my game that awards currency on the server to avoid cheating, by calling events when players beat a level or complete a challenge. I also wanted to call events if they kill a specific enemy to award a special item randomly from the server. By calling these events which would then call the user through the API I imagine, I would be racking up API calls for every item awarded. With doing this, I would imagine I would be over 5,000 event calls per month per user. Am I missing something here, or would I be breaking the fair use policy?

If events don't count towards the API requests, what all falls under that 5,000 call limit? If events do fall under the API requests, are there any ways to keep item awarding server side and cut down on event calls?

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi Bobby, 

Yes each request would count as 1. You'll always have to send a request to have something processed server side. 5000 per month is roughly 166 per day per player. If you feel like you might be exceeding this you can talk o our sales team to discuss a custom contract that would allow for this limit to be increased. I can put you in touch with sales if you would like to do this. You could also use less calls by maybe only sending one every time a player completes a level or hits some other milestone rather than sending 1 call per item. If we knew a bit more about your game we should be able to point you in the right direction here.

Regards,

Liam

Could I get an answer on this please? Thanks.

Answer

Hi Bobby, 

Yes each request would count as 1. You'll always have to send a request to have something processed server side. 5000 per month is roughly 166 per day per player. If you feel like you might be exceeding this you can talk o our sales team to discuss a custom contract that would allow for this limit to be increased. I can put you in touch with sales if you would like to do this. You could also use less calls by maybe only sending one every time a player completes a level or hits some other milestone rather than sending 1 call per item. If we knew a bit more about your game we should be able to point you in the right direction here.

Regards,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the response. If you could put me in touch with a sales person that would be great to talk about how our game is setup, along with how we'd prefer the server handled our requests as much as possible.

Thanks,

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

No problem. A member of the sales team should be in touch with you soon.

Regards,

Liam

Login to post a comment