Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

[Unreal] Gamesparks for 4.16

There are many new important improvements in 4.16 Please provide a plugin version for Unreal 4.16. Thank You.

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/branches

1 person has this question

Is also a 4.16 preview relesead, and i want to use it, it's possible to update it?

1 person likes this

Yes, it says 4.16, but is not actually 4.16 and doesn't compile with the source code :(

1 person likes this

New plugin for 4.16 out

Cheers,
Omar

1 person likes this
Guys, I was able to build the BitBucket version with no problem using UE 4.16 from launcher. I just opened the file GameSparks.uplugin on notepad and changed version from 4.10 to 4.16. It compiled with no worries! Also, all my implementation worked perfectly after the update. Again: after the update on BitBucket, it is working for me perfectly. I can record a video showing the update process if you guys have problem with the update. Thanks!

1 person likes this

Unreal 4.16 is officially the current version of the engine, would be awesome to update our project, and right now the only this we are waiting is GameSparks support.

GameSparks is an awesome toolset for backend development, and we are loving it the way it is implemented in Unreal. I am sure there are tons of developers out there looking forward a service like that, and I always recommend GameSparks where I go.

I know sometimes updating to a new release is not that easy, but would be amazing to see GameSparks plugin keeping track of the current engine, like the other important plugins in the marketplace.

Thanks in advance, we hope to see an update as soon as possible :)

Hi guys,

The update is coming, please bear with us in the meantime. I'll update the post when it is available.

Regards,

Liam

Hi Laura,

We've just released the 4.15 update which you can grab here. It will be on the Unreal marketplace soon. As for 4.16. We will get an update out for that in due course.

Regards,

Liam

Hi guys.

There isn't an official reply as to what is going on with the lack of 4.16 plugin. 
Here's the summary so far , I'd like to hear the official word on what's going on .

The marketplace downloaded plugin is 4.15.
The bitbucket version has 4.10 ( Super old version ) set to the engine version. 

So right now which is which? There is no working version that compiles out of the box. I don't mind editing the plugin files myself , but I'd like to hear officially from Gamespark which is the correct version. This seems to be a big issue , it's almost a month 4.16 has been out and this isn't fully sorted out yet. Please advise.

I hope they fix the marketplace version soon.  Despite it saying it is updated for 4.16, it really is only compiled for 4.15 which causes UE to think something is wrong.

Since what I am working on is a UE marketplace submission that is dependent on the GS plugin, I have to wait until the marketplace version is fixed based on the UE marketplace submission guidelines.  I can't use the source SDK and edit it just to make it work.

Hi Guys,

We'll get this clarified for you as soon as we can. Please bear with us for now.

Regards,

Liam

hello i have followed the advice here and downloaded the sdk and changed the .uplugin to 4.16 but im still getting the incompatible plugin error and i am also unable to package any games using the plugin . it always fails with multiple errors 

Any updates on this so far?

The plugin on the marketplace now works for 4.16.

I just downloaded BitBucket version and still 4.10.0 ....Is it diferent form Marketplace?

4.10 is just a placeholder.

We've since removed it and the error for incompatibility is no longer occurring. This will reflect in the newest update which we are pushing out soon.

Cheers,

Omar

Login to post a comment