Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Can Gamesparks do this?

Hello, I am currently using Playfab and I came to feature which I want in my new game which cannot be done in Playfab or if it can it would be very "hacky" solution. I am new to Gamesparks so excuse me for my laziness for not studying APKs and Docs first to know the answer but I decided that this would be faster way and also will test how community is active :) My dream feature would be:

To have leaderboards system which is dived into numerous divisions....like Platinum,Gold,Silver,Bronze. Then when players starts playing they gain points and are automatically assigned to the lowest division ( in this case Bronze). So far so good. But each division is also segmented into 100 players each. So there is Bronze_1 division with max.100 players. Bronze_2 division with 100 max players. etc...until Bronze_X division with whatever players left so far....This goes for each division. After some time the leaderboards resets and top 10 players from Silver goes to Gold , bottom 10 goes to Bronze. And so on.

This system is used in many games like Starcraft or on many mobile games like Legendary: Game of Heroes

So if anyone know what I am talking about. Would be great if you let me know if there is a possible solution for this in GameSparks.

The tricky part of this is the "dynamic" creation of leaderboard groups...or if you come up with some other solution I would be very glad. It do not have to be exactly as I propose it but at least be able to come close to my dreamed state would be great :)

Thanks

Jan

Best Answer

Hi Jan, 

First of all welcome to GameSparks. 

This is quite a well thought out implementation and one I am familiar with as a StarCraft Player myself. There are many different ways this could be approached due to the open ended nature of the GameSparks Platform.

The most straight forward method would be to fully utilize existing GameSparks features. These include but are not limited to:

Segmentation, which will allow you to segment the player base as you see fit.  

Challenges based   Leaderboards, allowing you to define a "league" with an associated Leaderboard calculated upon the Challenge expiring (at the end of the season I presume).  

Leaderboard Partitions allowing you to divide Leaderboards based on rules you stipulate. For example, Global Leaderboards, Country Based Leaderboards, Division based Leaderboards or maybe even a Leaderboard for each competitive Season. 

In between all of this, you can utilize our cloud code to intersect these features at various points to process, operate upon or update behavior and user experience. 

Does this sound like a valid implementation? Happy to answer any other questions you may have as I am aware there is a lot of information to process.

Best Regards, Patrick.   

Answer

Hi Jan, 

First of all welcome to GameSparks. 

This is quite a well thought out implementation and one I am familiar with as a StarCraft Player myself. There are many different ways this could be approached due to the open ended nature of the GameSparks Platform.

The most straight forward method would be to fully utilize existing GameSparks features. These include but are not limited to:

Segmentation, which will allow you to segment the player base as you see fit.  

Challenges based   Leaderboards, allowing you to define a "league" with an associated Leaderboard calculated upon the Challenge expiring (at the end of the season I presume).  

Leaderboard Partitions allowing you to divide Leaderboards based on rules you stipulate. For example, Global Leaderboards, Country Based Leaderboards, Division based Leaderboards or maybe even a Leaderboard for each competitive Season. 

In between all of this, you can utilize our cloud code to intersect these features at various points to process, operate upon or update behavior and user experience. 

Does this sound like a valid implementation? Happy to answer any other questions you may have as I am aware there is a lot of information to process.

Best Regards, Patrick.   

Hi Jan, 

To be on the same page, League = Bronze, Silver, Gold - Division = Bronze.1, Silver.2

A few things I'm confused by:

1- How do divisions work in leagues? What are the differences between players in Division.1.Bronze and Division.2.Bronze? Do divisions play each other? What happens if there's 301 players, does that one extra player have his own division?
2- Are divisions scores compared aswell?
3- Are top players picked from every division to promote or only in the first division?

Cheers,
Omar

Hi, sorry for the delay. As for the answers.

1- There is no interaction or limitations for players based on the division they belongs to. Actually players does not play against each other directly or anything like this. Players just collect points in the game and then these points are presented to others in leaderboards. If there was just one huge Bronze division then there were for exaple 1456 players which is fine but we want player to feel special so we want this one huge Bronze division (or we can call it just leaderboard) to be divided into smaller ones. 100 players each. So this is rather "optical illusion" for player to feel more special that he is 3rd out of 100. Also this means that if there were 301 players there were 4 divisions, 3 with 100 players and 1 with just 1 player. Which I am ok with as there always be "leftover" division which will get filled with more players installing the game.

2- Not sure what you mean by this. But I need to tell for each division which players are in tOP10 and which are in BOTTOM 10 to move them into lower of upper division.

3-TOP players from each division are promoted. So If we have 10 silver divisions, 10 players from each one will be promoted to gold (total of 100 players) and 10 demoted to Bronze.

Overall what I am looking for is some way how to segment players into small groups (like 100s) and them move them between these groups based on their performance.

I could have just one huge leaderboard. BIG DIVISION. And if player is on rank 1-10 he will get this reward, then 11-20 will get other one etc. to bottom. However this apporach makes players feel not good if they see they are 5463. out of 343454...rather then if they are 5. out of 100 in Bronze division.

I am trying to find a way how to implement this feeling for players and I am not adamant that it must be the way I have just described.

Jan

Login to post a comment