Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

How to precreate challenges between players

I am creating a tournament system for an asynchronous turn based game and players will be able to sign up for a tournament that will start a specific date and time.

My goal is to create challenges between all the participants in the tournament. I know this would be possible if the players initiate the creation of the challenges when they are logged by selecting start tournament or something like that.

However, what I want to do is have all the challenges automatically created on the server when the tournament begins. So the question is, how to create challenges between players on the server when the players are not logged in?

Best Answer

Hi Jaayden,

You could use SparkRequests to do this. This would allow you create a challenge on behalf of a player regardless of whether they were online at the time or now. You can read about how to do this with a CreateChallengeRequest here. Once you have sent this as a certain player you could also accept the challenge of behalf of another player in the same script so the challenge would be ready for the players when they next came online. Using an AcceptChallengeRequest on behalf of the challenged player add them to the challenge.

You'll notice on both linked pages that when the SparkRequest is sent we use var response = request.Send();

To send as another player you can use var response = request.SendAs(playerID); Here playerID would be the id of the player you wish to send request as. You can also use "ExecuteAs(playerID);" to send the request and execute the Cloud Code script for that event in the context of the given player. Does that sound like it would work for you ?

Regards,

Liam

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Jaayden,

You could use SparkRequests to do this. This would allow you create a challenge on behalf of a player regardless of whether they were online at the time or now. You can read about how to do this with a CreateChallengeRequest here. Once you have sent this as a certain player you could also accept the challenge of behalf of another player in the same script so the challenge would be ready for the players when they next came online. Using an AcceptChallengeRequest on behalf of the challenged player add them to the challenge.

You'll notice on both linked pages that when the SparkRequest is sent we use var response = request.Send();

To send as another player you can use var response = request.SendAs(playerID); Here playerID would be the id of the player you wish to send request as. You can also use "ExecuteAs(playerID);" to send the request and execute the Cloud Code script for that event in the context of the given player. Does that sound like it would work for you ?

Regards,

Liam

Login to post a comment