Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Manually add a certainplayer in a match with enabled drop in/drop out

Hi is there any way that I can add a certain player in a match with enabled drop in / drop out without using the matchmaking request. 

I have a 24 hour match and I want my players who once connected to that match to be be still in it even after disconnecting and connecting again.

Best Answer

Hi Erika,

You can't manually add players to a drop in/drop out match like this as these matches are in a state of matchmaking. A player would need to be matched into it. What you could do is set some matchData when the initial MatchMakingRequest is sent. Then if you want to invite another player you could send them a message containing this matchData. The invited player could then send a MatchMakingRequest (that matches the current matches config) with a customQuery value that matches what was set in the original match. This matchData would essentially be used to direct the invited player into the match. Does that make sense ? You can read more about customizing matching here. If you have any further questions just let us know.

Thanks,

Liam

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Answer

Hi Erika,

You can't manually add players to a drop in/drop out match like this as these matches are in a state of matchmaking. A player would need to be matched into it. What you could do is set some matchData when the initial MatchMakingRequest is sent. Then if you want to invite another player you could send them a message containing this matchData. The invited player could then send a MatchMakingRequest (that matches the current matches config) with a customQuery value that matches what was set in the original match. This matchData would essentially be used to direct the invited player into the match. Does that make sense ? You can read more about customizing matching here. If you have any further questions just let us know.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment