Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Challenge inside a challenge

Hi I'm trying out GS for the first time and it would be nice if you could help me. See I'm trying to create a multiplayer game. In this game you have room with 5 players competing then you can challenge each other on 1vs1 ranked challenge aside from the 1vs5 casual challenge. I'm a little confused oh how to approach this. Could you have a challenge inside a challenge?

Best Answer

Hi Erika,

One way you could approach this is to have two different types of Match, the first one could be set up to facilitate a 1 vs 5 casual Match and the second could be the 1 vs 1 ranked Match, similarly with the challenges, I would have one of each kind to facilitate the type of challenge you wanted to initiate. When Player 1 through 5 make the initial 1 vs 5 match, a player from within this match could then elect to send a separate 1 vs 1 challenge to another player within the initial match, this could be controlled via client side code and verified server side if required. This could then remove these players from the initial match and begin a separate 1 vs 1 match. 

Does this clear this up for you?

Kind regards,

- Steve

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Erika,

One way you could approach this is to have two different types of Match, the first one could be set up to facilitate a 1 vs 5 casual Match and the second could be the 1 vs 1 ranked Match, similarly with the challenges, I would have one of each kind to facilitate the type of challenge you wanted to initiate. When Player 1 through 5 make the initial 1 vs 5 match, a player from within this match could then elect to send a separate 1 vs 1 challenge to another player within the initial match, this could be controlled via client side code and verified server side if required. This could then remove these players from the initial match and begin a separate 1 vs 1 match. 

Does this clear this up for you?

Kind regards,

- Steve

Login to post a comment