Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

mobile deviceauthentication and active login afterwards

Hi,

I'm getting started with the registration/authentication and the examples all work fine.  Now I want to build something custom for my mobile game.

In the opening log in scene there are 3 buttons:

1. DeviceAuthentication + Display Name: authentication was ok and I could find the Display Name in the NoSQL output.

I added the SetDisplayName (displayNameInput.text) to the AuthenticateDeviceBttn(), so why would you use the ChangeUserDetailsRequest as mentioned in the documentation to couple a Display Name at the device?

You strongly recommend the use of an IDFV device ID. How do you do that?

2. Log In: Registration via Display Name, Password and User Name and then Authentication. Both worked.

Is the User Name a necessary field?  It can maybe create confusion (or annoyance for typing 2 names) for the player in the case there is no auto-generated device-id used.

Can the registration and authentication be combined in 1 step in stead of first registering and then using the User Name and Password in the authentication?

3. Facebook: Haven't connected it yet.

For the players who logged in with the device authentication the only opportunity will be to log in via Facebook in the main settings menu as "DeviceAuthenticationRequest should not be used in conjunction with RegistrationRequest as the two accounts will not be merged."

Is that correct?  A log in via registration isn(t possible anymore in that case?

Once a registration/authentication is done via the 3 option above, the next time the player plays the game, is it possible to skip the opening log in scene and go directly to the main menu ( that is when played on the same device)? Any tips here?

What about an email registration for automatically resolve password problems? Any views on that?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Nikola

Best Answer

Hi nikola,

1: The  ChangeUserDetailsRequest is used in the event the player had not supplied a display name and you wish to amend this after the fact. 

As regards the IDFV device ID, this can be acquired within the particular platform you are using. For instance Unity uses the following : https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/SystemInfo-deviceUniqueIdentifier.html

2: The UserName is a necessary field. It can be considered a credential in terms of Authentication. DisplayName is not required. It may be different from the username but if left empty will be equivalent to the UserName.

When a player registers successfully, they become Authenticated with the platform in the same way as the various other Authentication Requests. 

3: Registration is used to create a succinct player object. It will not be tied to any existing account created using a DeviceAuthentication. 

To avoid the need for the player to input their credentials for auth each time, you can store the credentials within the platform you are using. Then reference and pass it to your authentication Request upon further login attempts. 

Regarding email password recovery we have a tutorial on that here: https://docs.gamesparks.com/tutorials/social-authentication-and-player-profile/automating-user-password-change.html 

Let me know if you need anything else. 

Best Regards, Patrick. 

1 Comment

Answer

Hi nikola,

1: The  ChangeUserDetailsRequest is used in the event the player had not supplied a display name and you wish to amend this after the fact. 

As regards the IDFV device ID, this can be acquired within the particular platform you are using. For instance Unity uses the following : https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/SystemInfo-deviceUniqueIdentifier.html

2: The UserName is a necessary field. It can be considered a credential in terms of Authentication. DisplayName is not required. It may be different from the username but if left empty will be equivalent to the UserName.

When a player registers successfully, they become Authenticated with the platform in the same way as the various other Authentication Requests. 

3: Registration is used to create a succinct player object. It will not be tied to any existing account created using a DeviceAuthentication. 

To avoid the need for the player to input their credentials for auth each time, you can store the credentials within the platform you are using. Then reference and pass it to your authentication Request upon further login attempts. 

Regarding email password recovery we have a tutorial on that here: https://docs.gamesparks.com/tutorials/social-authentication-and-player-profile/automating-user-password-change.html 

Let me know if you need anything else. 

Best Regards, Patrick. 

Login to post a comment