Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Create Index on Read Slave only

Hi,

Is it possible to create an index on the read slaves only? I want to create a text index for searching. It won't ever be used on the master as I plan to have the text search use the read slaves only. This should prevent the index from being updated on the master which will be more performant.

Chris

Best Answer

Hi Christopher,

I'm afraid it's not possible to create an index on the read slaves only so you won't be able to do that. Is there anything else we can assist you with ? 

Thanks,

Liam

Sorry for dupe. Response said I was getting an error. Didn't realize it went through.

Actually I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to query the mongodb read cluster. Is this true? Am I missing something?

Hi Christopher,

I have removed the duplicate posts for you. I'll run your question by the dev team to get a definitive answer for you.

Regards,

Liam

Answer

Hi Christopher,

I'm afraid it's not possible to create an index on the read slaves only so you won't be able to do that. Is there anything else we can assist you with ? 

Thanks,

Liam

Is there a way to query the read slaves from cloud code?

Hi Christopher, 

Any queries performed during Runtime will be performed on the primary Mongo servers. Where as any queries performed through Rest or the NoSql explorer will be performed on the Secondaries. 

in this case, the secondaries could be considered slaves as any queries performed on them will not affect the performance of the Runtime environment. 

Does this answer your question? 

Best Regards, Patrick. 

Yes thanks you. FYI our use case is doing text search queries. I was thinking about running those against the slave. However, we need to do it through Cloud Code since we want to filter fields.

Login to post a comment