Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Unity Hang up on Recompile

I've been having this problem since months and only happens when I have GameSparks sdk imported in a project, whenever I change a script and Unity starts recompiling while I'm playing the Unity freezes, I noticed that if I stop playing before few seconds nothing happens but if I wait too long then Unity freezes so I have close it an open it again.

5 people have this problem

Hi Hjupter,

Can you let us know what versions of the SDK you were seeing this behavior in ? Also if you could let us know which version of the Unity Editor you were using at this time that would help. We'll look into this for you.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Im using latest version of GS SDK and latest Unity 5.5p3 but Ive seen this since previous versions, cant remember exactly.

We are also experiencing this issue with Unity 5.5.0f3 and GameSparks SDK V5.4.0.104.

Steps:

1. Open project that uses GameSparks in Unity Editor

2. Click the "Play" button to start playing the game in the editor

3. Open a script in an external editor (i.e. MonoDevelop or Visual Studio)

4. Edit and save the script

5. Return to Unity editor. Unity recompiles the project, at which point the editor freezes and must be closed from Task Manager

Tested on Windows 10

Hi Joseph,

Would you be able to confirm that this error doesn't appear if you repeat this process with a fresh unity project.

Kind regards,

- Steve

I thought this was fixed with the last SDK but seems to be worst now, I've to close my unity more than 5 times in 1 hour because it hangs up on recompile.

Hi Hjupter, 

Could you test this in a Unity project without the GameSparks SDK and see if the behavior persists? 

Best Regards, Patrick. 

It's also happening with me, empty project with gamesparks 5.5.3.204 on unity 5.5.1f1  keeps freezing

Hi Leandro,

Can you try this in an empty project with the Unity version 5.5.3 or greater please ? Let us know the results of that test when you try it. If you're still seeing an issue please log a ticket.

Thanks,

Liam

As stated on the other topic,for another user as well, the gamesparks 5.5.3 with unity 5.5.1 freezes as well

This is temporary solution.
Remove or comment out [InitializeOnLoadMethod] above GameSparksSettingsEditor::FixSDK() function.

2 people like this

Hello.

I'm facing this problem also, Kynugup , thanks for your suggested solution, but I tried it and didn't work 

I'm using Unity 5.5.1f.

Hi Yaser Prog,
I'm using Unity 5.5.1f with GameSparks SDK 5.5.4.48.

As I said above, comment out "[InitializeOnLoadMethod]" then It work correctly.
Are you sure that problem caused by GameSparks?

Hi, Kyungup.

Yes, I'm using those versions too, I have commented the line but unity still stops working when I edit any script during play.

I have tried that in another project that doesn't contain GameSparks plugin, and the problem didn't occur, so It's probably because of GameSparks

This happens to me too with Unity 5.5.2p2 and GameSparks 5.5.4.66. It happens almost every other time I hit play.. very, very frustrating. :(

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment