Answered

Weekly Leaderboard week not correct

Hello,

My event that triggers leaderboards updates has following definition for:

name: week_autogen

data type: string 

default value: ${format(today, 'yyyyww')}

default calc: grouped

Problem is that weekly leaderboard entires for this week are written as 201601 which is wrong, it whould be 201652, so my players are not seeing entries for this week leaderboard. How to correct this?

Also, could I make weekly leaderboard starts on Monday?

Best Regards,

Sasha 

ps. you should consider making you date library available to developers since it differs from standard date libraries

Best Answer

Hi Sasha,

We use the ISO 8601 format. We are aware of the week ${format(today, 'yyyyww')} and will be addressing it. The 31st of December 2017 is a Sunday so this means the issue won't occur this year. The week number will return as expected when using 'yyyyww'.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Sasha, 

The week should already begin on Monday. Sunday night at the stroke of midnight UTC to be exact. As for the date issue, it's something we recently became aware of but as live games are currently using it we can't address it right now. We will monitor this going forward.

Thanks,

Liam 

Hi Liam,

Can you at least tell how weeks of the year are calculated now? If last week of 2016 is counted as first week, how will the first week of the 2017 be presented. I mean, at least give us a clue how to correct this (if possible) and present players with relevant weekly leaderboard? Maybe how to get last updated weekly leaderboard or... any solution that works.

Best Regards,

Sasha

Hi Sasha,

A number attribute with a default value of ${today:startOfWeek()} will partition the leaderboard by with a timestamp rather than a date. The timestamp for this week would be "1482710400000" which is Mon, 26 Dec 2016 00:00:00 UTC. As for how next week will display ? It appears to be a week behind. This week should be 201652 but is 201601 as you have mentioned I'll have to set up some tests for this at the end of the week for you.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam, 

Is there any progress on this issue? What about releasing your date functions/ibraries to developers? At least that way we will know how it works and there would be no difference in standard date libraries and Game Sparks date functions/libraries.

Best Regards,

Sasha

Answer

Hi Sasha,

We use the ISO 8601 format. We are aware of the week ${format(today, 'yyyyww')} and will be addressing it. The 31st of December 2017 is a Sunday so this means the issue won't occur this year. The week number will return as expected when using 'yyyyww'.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Any news about this?

Best Regards,

Sasha

Login to post a comment