Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Player creating matches for others ton join.

Is There a way to allow players to create matches and display ALL the matches in a match browser. Because i want my players to be able to create matches instead of me making them in the multiplayer tab of the site.

Best Answer

Hi Nicolas,

Your players create matches using MatchMakingRequests.

When you create a match in the Multiplayer tab of the portal's Configurator what you are doing is creating a match type, which behaves like a class, or blueprint. Your players then create instances of this match by specifying it's shortcode in the 'matchShortCode' field of the MatchMakingRequest.

Does that make sense? If you have any more questions please let us know.

Regards,

Vinnie

1 person has this question

Answer

Hi Nicolas,

Your players create matches using MatchMakingRequests.

When you create a match in the Multiplayer tab of the portal's Configurator what you are doing is creating a match type, which behaves like a class, or blueprint. Your players then create instances of this match by specifying it's shortcode in the 'matchShortCode' field of the MatchMakingRequest.

Does that make sense? If you have any more questions please let us know.

Regards,

Vinnie

Ok i understand, now i would like to know if there is a way for a player to create a lobby nd to make that lobby appear in a server browser so that everyone can join it.

Yes,

You would need each player to preform a MatchMakingRequest, using a drop-in/drop-out match set to manual.
Then after the initial MatchMakingRequest, each player preforms a FindPendingMatchesRequest.

This will return a list of all the active pending matches.
You can then use JoinPendingMatchRequest to join those.

This should work for you.
Sean

" a drop-in/drop-out match set to manual"

how to set it to manual.
i am only getting on off option. no option called "manual"

There is a separate toggle for 'drop-in/drop-out' and 'manual' on the match config.

Login to post a comment