Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Make Virtual Goods Upgradeable?

Heya,

I am trying to make it so that my virtual goods can be upgraded. To be more precise, my virtual goods are character unlocks, and they have several power levels. The player can use currencies to upgrade their characters, increasing their power. The idea I have is the following:

Each upgrade is a separate virtual good. My menu will make sure to display a link to the correct one based on the previously purchased upgrades. 

The stats (HP, ATK, DEF etc) for each character are a property, bundled together in that character's property set. 

When passing in the data for a specific character the system will look for that character's tag in the list of purchased virtual goods that has the highest level and use that. Ideally I'd do this through cloud code.

Is this way correct or is there a better way to approach this problem? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Damir H.

Best Answer

Hi Damir,

You could use Virtual Goods tags for this. If you were to break up your items into certain levels you could probably achieve what you need here. So if a player is currently on level 1 you could set the tags on the ListVirtualGoodsRequest to "level1" to retrieve the correct Virtual Goods for players on that level. A character type tag could be useful here too. You could also use Sparkplayers getVirtualGoods method to list the current players Virtual Goods and display other shop items accordingly. If you have any further questions just let us know.

Thanks,

Liam

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Damir,

You could use Virtual Goods tags for this. If you were to break up your items into certain levels you could probably achieve what you need here. So if a player is currently on level 1 you could set the tags on the ListVirtualGoodsRequest to "level1" to retrieve the correct Virtual Goods for players on that level. A character type tag could be useful here too. You could also use Sparkplayers getVirtualGoods method to list the current players Virtual Goods and display other shop items accordingly. If you have any further questions just let us know.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment