Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

The target platform does not support Sockets

Hi

I try to create a session 2 players, and when I create the session I get this error "The target platform is not compatible with Sockets", what can I do?

thanks

Hi Alejandro,

Can you let us know which SDK and browser you are currently using ? 

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,

I'm with the SDK 5.4.0.104, and I'm using google Chrome.

thanks for answering.

Alex.

Please.
Help. 

Hi Alejandro,

Apologies for the delayed response. What is the target platform you are building to here ? WebGL ?

Thanks,

Liam

Hi liam,

Yes, the error is in WebGL , in the android platform, ios and unity editor works fine.

Thanks.

Hi Alejandro,

When you say "create a session 2 players" do you mean a Real Time session ? WebGL builds from Unity currently doesn't support Real Time I'm afraid. 

Regards,

Liam

Hey Alejandro,

Our Unity SDK does not support webGL currently, but it is something we are looking into.
I will keep you updated.

Thanks,
Sean

Hi Sean and Liam,

I would be very interested, I'll be waiting :)

Thanks Liam and Sean.

Hello,

When you think you're going to have webGL support,

Thanks.

Hi Alejandro,

I'm afraid there's no time frame on implementing this at the moment. Should this change we'll update the post.

Regards,

Liam 

We will need to raise it with the platform team and then schedule it into the roadmap.
It would be a month at least before it would be released.

Sean

Hi Sean and Liam,

is there a timeframe for this requet? We are implementing the game with Unity and we would like to publish it in Android, iOS, Facebook and Kongregate.

Regards,

Hi Guys,

We do already support WebGL with Unity for our core service, the team are currently working on a WebGL SDK for RT. This should be ready in the next month or so. I'll update the thread when it's ready to go.

Regards,

Liam

3 people like this

Hey Liam,

any news on this topic? We plan to use the GameSparks RealTime Service with WebGL Unity, too.

Best regards,

Ingo

Login to post a comment