Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

MatchmakingRequest filter based on client version

Hi, I'd like to know what would be the best way to avoid matching players that don't use the same client version. We currently set the skill and the matchshortcode when creating a new matchmaking request. There are other parameters available but it's not clear what they do.

Thanks!

Best Answer

.SetParticipantData(new GSRequestData(new Dictionary<string, object>(){{ "version", Application.version }}))

.SetCustomQuery(new GSRequestData(new Dictionary<string, object>(){{ "players.participantData.version", Application.version }}))

And it works fine.

Hi Vincent, 

MatchGroup parameter will allow you to match players that use the same client version. Only players with the same MatchGroup value are matched together. So if you pass in the client version as the MatchGroup string, only players within that client version will be matched.

More information here: https://docs.gamesparks.com/api-documentation/request-api/multiplayer/matchmakingrequest.html

Cheers,

Omar

Answer

.SetParticipantData(new GSRequestData(new Dictionary<string, object>(){{ "version", Application.version }}))

.SetCustomQuery(new GSRequestData(new Dictionary<string, object>(){{ "players.participantData.version", Application.version }}))

And it works fine.

Login to post a comment