Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Android Push Notifications get 401 error

I have iOS push notifications working fine but with Android, my push notifications seem to be triggering a Exception:HTTP Status Code: 401

Is the android push notification tutorial out of date now? I see people using firebase instead of google cloud platform, am I doing something wrong?

I have the Google Cloud Platform server API key in my integrations panel. My Sender Id is on the client side. I register for push notifications fine on my android. I just dont receive them.

Best Answer

Hi One More Turn

Have you turned on Firebase for your google project in the Firebase console

After you have turned firebase on you can go back to the google console and get the server key.

Let me know if this helps

Regards

Katie

Hi One More Turn,

Apologies for the delayed response. Have you tested this with a valid pushId in the integration tab on the Portal ? If so what were the results from there ? You can use Firebase if you have added it your Google Project. You can read a post about how to achieve this here.

Thanks,

Liam

Sorry for the late reply as well. Got caught up with other work. 

Status code: 401
Exception: HTTP Status Code: 401

I actually get the same error when testing in the Test Push Notification Google modal of integrations.

I do use my firebase messaging key for my GCM API key.

Answer

Hi One More Turn

Have you turned on Firebase for your google project in the Firebase console

After you have turned firebase on you can go back to the google console and get the server key.

Let me know if this helps

Regards

Katie

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment