Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Unreal Engine Real Time Controlling Local Player

Hello, I was able to create a login screen to log players, and then in the main menu screen a "Matchmake" button that matchmakes players. Once match is found, an RTSession is started, and the Game level is loaded.

After that I wait for all players to join and then I spawn the players locally (ThirdPersonCharacter that comes in the Third Person Template). When spawned locally I send an OpCode 1 for other players to know that the player was spawned on the other client. And I also send their location in OpCode 2.

Everything is fine so far until I try to move the Player, nothing happens. I cannot control the any player, although I have used the "Possess", as shown in the attachment below, right after I have spawned the local player. The camera follows the local player, but it's only that I can't move him. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Elie

Best Answer

I just solved it. This had nothing to do with GameSparks whatsoever. I was setting the input mode to UI only in the menus, and I forgot to switch them back to game only. I feel ashamed...

1 Comment

Answer

I just solved it. This had nothing to do with GameSparks whatsoever. I was setting the input mode to UI only in the menus, and I forgot to switch them back to game only. I feel ashamed...

Login to post a comment