Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

GameCenterConnectRequest required parameters

Hello,

We need your help with GameCenterConnectRequest.

We are working with AIR project and we use ANE by Adobe - http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/gaming-sdk-anes-64-bit-support.html

It only returns this three params: alias (displayName), id and isFriend.

Can't authentication be made using only alias and id?

Thanks!

Here is test harness request:

{
 "@class": ".GameCenterConnectRequest",
 "displayName": "------------",
 "doNotLinkToCurrentPlayer": false,
 "errorOnSwitch": false,
 "externalPlayerId": "-----------",
 "switchIfPossible": false,
 "syncDisplayName": false
}

And here's response:

{
 "@class": ".AuthenticationResponse",
 "error": {
  "publicKeyUrl": "REQUIRED",
  "salt": "REQUIRED",
  "signature": "REQUIRED",
  "timestamp": "REQUIRED"
 },
 "newPlayer": false
}

Best Answer

Hi Irakli,

Yes all of those fields are required to successfully submit the request. The documentation is slightly off in relation to this as it says some of these fields aren't required. You're going to need to use an ANE that returns those fields for you. I'm afraid we can't make a recommendation on which to use here. I believe this is one a user has used before but as mentioned before we can't fully endorse a 3rd party plugin like this.

Thanks,

Liam

Please, can you provide some information about GameCenterConnectRequest. We can't find details about it in your documentation.

1. Which parameters are must?
  2. Which ANE gets all the required parameters from iOS? (Hope there is one which can get all)
  3. Please, provide some information about publicKeyUrl, salt, signature and timestamp. Which we need to get from iOS, which can we generate and etc.
  4. If you have somewhere in the docs detailed information, please, provide a link.

Hope you can help us asap. We can't release game because of this issue.

Thanks!

Answer

Hi Irakli,

Yes all of those fields are required to successfully submit the request. The documentation is slightly off in relation to this as it says some of these fields aren't required. You're going to need to use an ANE that returns those fields for you. I'm afraid we can't make a recommendation on which to use here. I believe this is one a user has used before but as mentioned before we can't fully endorse a 3rd party plugin like this.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Irakli

Login to post a comment