Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Solved

UE4 plugin doesn't compile with UE 4.13.2

I am having some problems compiling the current GameSparks plugin for UE4, this is the error log I get after adding in GameSparks plugin code:

2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared\ws2def.h(249): error C2872: 'INT': ambiguous symbol
2>  C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared\minwindef.h(176): note: could be 'int INT'
2>  g:\unrealengine\unrealbase\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Misc/DisableOldUETypes.h(28): note: or       'DoNotUseOldUE4Type::INT'
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared\ws2def.h(256): error C2872: 'INT': ambiguous symbol
2>  C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared\minwindef.h(176): note: could be 'int INT'
2>  g:\unrealengine\unrealbase\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Misc/DisableOldUETypes.h(28): note: or       'DoNotUseOldUE4Type::INT'
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared\ws2def.h(274): error C2872: 'INT': ambiguous symbol
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared\ws2def.h(275): error C2872: 'INT': ambiguous symbol

There are many more lines, and it stops at 100 errors.

This doesn't happen with the marketplace plugin, but the marketplace plugin doesn't have the features I need.

Anyone have any idea where this needs to be fixed?

Thanks

I can confirm that this indeed has fixed the issue... also for some reason (MS most likely) _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS doesn't work as well, so adding in # pragma warning(disable: 4996) makes the build look nicer.

I will look into a PR in the near future if this is not fixed first

I have added a PR, I didn't have to add anything to 0001GameSparksRTAmalgamated.cpp to get it to compile, but I haven't really attempted to use it yet in a build.

Hello Craig, 

I couldn't reproduce this on our end, our latest SDK works with the 4.13.2. The SDK team will look into it further.

-What OS are you running?

-What IDE are you running and what version? 

-Does this happen with any other engine version?

Sorry for the inconvenience, 

Omar 

Currently I only have the UE 4.13.2 code compiled at the moment, so I haven't tried it yet with another build.

System is Windows 10, Visual Studio 2015 Pro.

This is also a clean build of UE4, as a attempted to rebuild the entire base to get it working.

Thanks

We're looking into it. I'll update you when we have a fix for it.

Stay tuned,

Omar

We had the same issue.  Resolved it by following this: 

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/27560/trouble-using-windows-includes-with-dword-int.html

Required edits to 0001mbedtls.cpp, 0002GSAmalgamated.cpp and 0001GameSparksRTAmalgamated.cpp.

Login to post a comment