Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

GameSparks crashing Unity

So I've just started learning about GameSparks and now wanted to integrate it into the test app I'm currently developing.


I am running Unity 5.4.1f1, GameSparks SDK 5.4.0.59, with Windows 10 with the latest updates installed.


The importing of the custom package works fine and I get the two folders I should be getting: GameSparks and Plugins. However once I open the TestUI scene and run it, there's an 80% chance it freezes my editor. In the 20% chance it doesn't immediately freeze the Unity editor, if I switch to Chrome to continue reading the tutorial then switch back, the chance for freezing because 1; it freezes every time in this instance.


Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I seem to have the latest version of the SDK as I downloaded it from the official Unity SDK page from GameSparks.


I'd prefer to stick with GameSparks and not have to go over to Playfab. My research shows that GameSparks offers much more features that I'd actually use, but if I have to test and integrate GameSparks without ever switching windows in fear of freezing, then I simply can't use it.


Best Answer

Hi Kevin,


Just posting the answer here for the benefit of other users. We managed to fix this in your project by manually deleting the "GameSparks" and "Plugins" folders and then installing the 5.4.0.91 SDK package. We believe the issue here was caused by overwriting the SDK which contained the bug (5.4.0.59) with the newer version. 


@Jeff if you go to "Edit Settings" in GameSparks in Unity you'll get a pop up asking to update the SDK, if you click yes you'll get the latest one which at the time of this message is 5.4.0.91.


Thanks,

Liam


I used crash and freeze interchangeably, sorry for that. GameSparks is FREEZING my editor, meaning if I'm in the editor I can click anything, stop/pause the game, nothing at all. And if I'm away from the editor viewing another window, I can't even switch back to the editor again, I just have to force close. It's not *crashing* Unity (as in Unity doesn't force close itself, I still have to manually through Task Manager).


Not sure if that helps narrow anything down, but thought I'd clarify.

Kevin - had the same issue.

switching to  to v5.4.0.60 solved the problem

Hey Jeff,


Thanks for that. Support has been trying to help but so far they haven't been able to pinpoint what's wrong. They have told me to update to 5.4.0.91 however, which seems to be a newer version than the one I'm currently using as well as the one you suggested. I'll try the .91 version tonight.


However in the chance that their newest version doesn't help, can you post the link of where you downloaded 5.4.0.60? I'll give that a shot next. Also are you using the same version of Unity as I am? I may need to downgrade/upgrade as necessary to get it to work also.


Thanks!

The most recent version (5.4.0.91) is here:


http://repo.gamesparks.net.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/unity-sdk/Gamesparks_Unity_5.4.0.91.unitypackage


I'll let you know if it fixes my issue.

Answer

Hi Kevin,


Just posting the answer here for the benefit of other users. We managed to fix this in your project by manually deleting the "GameSparks" and "Plugins" folders and then installing the 5.4.0.91 SDK package. We believe the issue here was caused by overwriting the SDK which contained the bug (5.4.0.59) with the newer version. 


@Jeff if you go to "Edit Settings" in GameSparks in Unity you'll get a pop up asking to update the SDK, if you click yes you'll get the latest one which at the time of this message is 5.4.0.91.


Thanks,

Liam

Liam - 

   Note that not everybody uses the in-editor 'stuffs' - having a link to the latest SDK (including some release notes in you Announcements forum (https://support.gamesparks.net/support/discussions/forums/1000077205) as well as https://docs.gamesparks.com/sdk-center/unity.html would be super useful.


The current link on that last page that says "Download the GameSparks Unity SDK v5.4 package" links to the 5.4.0.59 version..NOT the 5.4.0.91 version referenced above.


Jeff 


Hi Jeff,


Thanks for the feedback, currently getting the SDK page link updated. It's clearly out of date here.


Regards,

Liam

Hello 

I have updated the GameSparks SDK in unity, but I'm getting the following error:

error CS0051: Inconsistent accessibility: parameter type `System.Action<RTPacket>' is less accessible than method `GameSparksRTUnity.Configure(GameSparks.Api.Messages.MatchFoundMessage, System.Action<int>, System.Action<int>, System.Action<bool>, System.Action<RTPacket>)

 Actually, I remember getting this before, changing RTpacket to GameSparks solved it, but what's the reason for this error? 

Thanks

Sorry, I mean "changing RTpacket to GameSparks.RT.RTpacket" 

this may be a month old but this still happens when trying to close the exe my game won't close on 5.5.1.198 it hangs even with trying to get rid of listerns via->
private void OnDisable()
  {
  MatchNotFoundMessage.Listener -= OnMatchNotFound;
  matchmakingBttn.onClick.RemoveListener(OnMatchMakingButtonListener);
  MatchFoundMessage.Listener -= OnMatchFound;
  MatchUpdatedMessage.Listener -= OnUpdateMatch;
  ChallengeChatMessage.Listener -= OnChallengeChatMessage;
  }
  private void OnDestroy()
  {
  MatchNotFoundMessage.Listener -= OnMatchNotFound;
  matchmakingBttn.onClick.RemoveListener(OnMatchMakingButtonListener);
  MatchFoundMessage.Listener -= OnMatchFound;
  MatchUpdatedMessage.Listener -= OnUpdateMatch;
  ChallengeChatMessage.Listener -= OnChallengeChatMessage;
  }

 

Hi Guys,


Can you let us know which version of the Unity Editor you are currently running ? 


Thanks,

Liam

I believe unity if 5.5.1 I always keep unity up to date and try to avoid betas
Login to post a comment