Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Delete Accounts

Hey there, how can i delete all existing accounts? Want to make a small rollback for my players.

Do i need to open a new db? If yes, how can i take all preferences and events from the old one into the new one :) 

Ty

Best Answer
Hey Jannick,

This sort of a complicated question because it really depends on your game and especially if your game is live.

Either way, it is a good idea not to mess with the existing player collections and to simply copy your gamesparks game and then update your client to use the apikey and secret from the copied game.
Copied games wont keep any runtime collections from their parent (i.e. no player-data, match-data, teams, chat, social-auth details, etc), but they will keep all your code, config and meta-collections.

To copy a game, create a snapshot of your game and then click on the copy-button instead of publishing the snaphot to live.

Once you have your game copied, all players in that game will be recognized as new players.

Hope that makes sense.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sean

Answer
Hey Jannick,

This sort of a complicated question because it really depends on your game and especially if your game is live.

Either way, it is a good idea not to mess with the existing player collections and to simply copy your gamesparks game and then update your client to use the apikey and secret from the copied game.
Copied games wont keep any runtime collections from their parent (i.e. no player-data, match-data, teams, chat, social-auth details, etc), but they will keep all your code, config and meta-collections.

To copy a game, create a snapshot of your game and then click on the copy-button instead of publishing the snaphot to live.

Once you have your game copied, all players in that game will be recognized as new players.

Hope that makes sense.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sean

Alright i understood but where can i copy the gs game? Can't find any button or something like this.

Ty!

Hi Jannick,

You can read more about how snapshots work here.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment