Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Problem authenticating with facebook

I'm following this tutorial

But it doesnt seem to work..

I created 2 facebook test users and made them friends. I can log in with the 1st one, but after that I couldnt get anyone else to log in

Here are the 2 jsons from both the login that worked and the subsequent one that didnt work....

{
 "@class": ".AuthenticationResponse",
 "error": {
  "accessToken": "ACCOUNT_ALREADY_LINKED"
 },
 "newPlayer": false
}
{
 "@class": ".FacebookConnectRequest",
 "accessToken": "EAACeS1ZC2XEcBAAO5LnJtUeZCoUTdzAwmSgMgkdfv0bTGyPcUAHDlnz0S25Y8AARpac1lCpi7XrymGZBSLPerDGPCS1Rgjcm8iDv9J6dxKj5gD4AOCZBeyzdY4ow6vXx1SuQ9TcLeZAZCiyEK47reTwP1lIg4smo5VWBgaXWX8Ty9EtCb6FDIv",
 "doNotLinkToCurrentPlayer": false,
 "errorOnSwitch": false,
 "segments": {},
 "switchIfPossible": false,
 "syncDisplayName": false
}
{
 "@class": ".AuthenticationResponse",
 "authToken": "b7180e86-cdc4-498f-a435-0d71a18d09cc",
 "displayName": "Dave Alacggibeeeab Sharpesky",
 "newPlayer": true,
 "userId": "5805399fb5973404cf307632"
}
{
 "@class": ".FacebookConnectRequest",
 "accessToken": "EAACeS1ZC2XEcBAEwUnyyjMnnz1dVgZBMuM9Jn5EYIwn8UyaLLgkuYGmK2fnEAE8h2tTZBS7i85KKhETfvKtGdZBvwHjEUJkqeS36vC3aMkp8ivzjZBxTGzzexxZAWr8WQeVBS60VXKZCzI5fuqtv8VUIeHHOZBkeHJPpHPs3PHg4SSxeqZClUwlBR",
 "doNotLinkToCurrentPlayer": false,
 "errorOnSwitch": false,
 "segments": {},
 "switchIfPossible": false,
 "syncDisplayName": false
}

When I try a facebook connect request with any other testuser I get the same response

Best Answer

Hi Simon,

This was addressed in a recent release. The functionality should be working as expected now. If you have any further questions just let us know.

Regards,

Liam

Hi Brian,

I believe this is because you are still authenticated as the first Facebook user when trying to authenticate with the second one. The error means the current user already has a Facebook profile linked and it's not the one they have just tried to log in with. You would need to try this in a separate browser tab or by making sure you disconnect the first user. If you have any further questions just let us know.

Thanks,

Liam 

Yeah I was able to create more users from facebook testusers by passing in true here
doNotLinkToCurrentPlayer": false
When I make a ListInviteFriendsRequest I get an empty response.

The tutorial I linked says I should geta  friends list. but your API docs says otherwise as facebook will not provide a list of a players friends

When I make a ListGameFriendsRequest. I also get an empty response, which I dont think I should be getting as the current player has a facebook friend who also is associated with a gamesparks player

Also thanks for such a prompt response! ye're support here is amazing I have just started using gamesaprks today so I will be asking lots of dumb questions!!

Hi Brian, 

No problem, always happy to help. We're currently looking into the Facebook friend issue. Please bear with us in the meantime and we'll post an update when we have something for you.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Brian,

Thanks for alerting us to this issue with the Facebook Authentication tutorial. We've updated this page today in the GameSparks Learn site and added a warning about having to disconnect the first linked Facebook account before trying to authenticate with a second user. These changes will be pushed through to the live docs by the end of this week.

Chris

Hey just wondering are ye still looking into the Facebook friend issue (empty response for ListGameFriendsRequest) ? Its just that since Liams post I have been waiting and working on other stuff rather than investigate further. I'm just checking. This thread is getting a bit confusing as I was asking about a few things

Hi guys,

I'm really new here just like Brian and I am also not able to get any friends back after following the steps to create Facebook Test Users, linking them, and authenticating them in the Test Harness. 

Hi Brian, 

Unfortunately I don't have an update for you right now. The issue itself is still being investigated. I should have an update for you tomorrow in relation to this.

Thanks,

Liam 

I'm still waiting to hear about this.
It still does not seem to be working. My facebook testusers are friends and are both registered on gamesparks but when I authenticate as one using the test harness and do a ListGameFriendsRequest I get empty responses.
If you guys are still working on this could you clarify..
Should this be working for me? Am I doing something wrong?
or else is this an issue on your end?
 If so is it because of a facebook change API? or what is it? and do you have any idea when it will be working again?
I've been spending my time working on other features, but I really need to sort out my leaderboards as they are very important for my game.
I am really hoping to use gamesparks as it seems great and to have been designed to take a massive load off me as a game dev. But I need to know whether I can have leaderboards in my game composed of facebook friends.

Thanks!

Hi Brian,

This will be addressed in our next release which should be in the next week or so. I'll post back when I have a more accurate window for you.

Thanks,

Liam

1 person likes this

Hi Liam,

Is there any update on an exact date on this please?

Kind regards,

Simon

Answer

Hi Simon,

This was addressed in a recent release. The functionality should be working as expected now. If you have any further questions just let us know.

Regards,

Liam

1 person likes this
Thanks!

Login to post a comment