Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Creating realtime session without matchmaking

Hello all,

currently i am creating a realtime multiplayer game and i tried out gamesparks real time services.

how i noticed, in the examples you are creating a match for matchmaking. then the players press a button and have to wait until the amount of required players also search for a match.

for my needs, i don't need matchmaking. the player should just connect to the server neverminds if there are other players. 

so i asked me, if it is possible to create a realtime session without the MatchFoundMessage.

i am not able to create a realtime game without other players? so for development and testing i always have to start 2 instances of the game, even if i just edit one single line. this can not be the case.

Best Answer

Hi Hannes,

If I understand you're requirements correct you can still achieve the same with little change to the current code. The platform will need to determine the players that are eligible for a real time session this is usually handled via a matchMakingRequest and I think you can still leverage this. You don't necessarily have to use a matchMakingRequest to facilitate this you can write your own custom logic to handle how players are matched together. The easiest way I see this happening is to have the matchMakingRequest automatically fire on scene load without the need for the user to click a button. This way you can have a more rapid flow into a match while still leveraging the full power of the match making systems. Yes you will need 2 players minimum to start a real time session.

Kind regards,

- Steve

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Answer

Hi Hannes,

If I understand you're requirements correct you can still achieve the same with little change to the current code. The platform will need to determine the players that are eligible for a real time session this is usually handled via a matchMakingRequest and I think you can still leverage this. You don't necessarily have to use a matchMakingRequest to facilitate this you can write your own custom logic to handle how players are matched together. The easiest way I see this happening is to have the matchMakingRequest automatically fire on scene load without the need for the user to click a button. This way you can have a more rapid flow into a match while still leveraging the full power of the match making systems. Yes you will need 2 players minimum to start a real time session.

Kind regards,

- Steve

Login to post a comment