Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Daily Reset Leaderboard at what time?

My game engine will generate a game level based on a date seed integer. Every player in the world at a particular date ddmmyyyy will then play the exact same level. Now, I want to score them with a leaderboard and obviously this board change daily as ddmmyyyy changes. Without knowing when GS set the time, I do not know which date seed to push to my player. So, when will gs reset the board? 0:00 GMT at ? Is this reset precise to minute, second? If not, how much lag time I need to provision to the players? Ie, during reset period, I block all user from playing for about X mins until I am fairly sure GS board has reset. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi Liew, 

Daily scheduled jobs, such as daily leaderboard reset, take place at 00:00 UTC. This reset will happen instantly and there should be minimal lag time. If you wish, to be safe, you could prevent Matchmaking / Challenge instancing for enough time to prevent games running during the reset. This would just be to prevent any unintended behavior. 

Does this make sense?

Best Regards, Patrick. 

Answer

Hi Liew, 

Daily scheduled jobs, such as daily leaderboard reset, take place at 00:00 UTC. This reset will happen instantly and there should be minimal lag time. If you wish, to be safe, you could prevent Matchmaking / Challenge instancing for enough time to prevent games running during the reset. This would just be to prevent any unintended behavior. 

Does this make sense?

Best Regards, Patrick. 

Thanks Patrick. That is all the info I need !

By knowing it is UTC 0:00, I could just seed the game from the client side. And also reset the leaderboard at the same time. This will ensure everyone is playing the same level and competing the same leaderboard

Happy I could help. If you ever need further assistance feel free to post or raise a support ticket.

Best Regards, Patrick. 

Login to post a comment