Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Scores keep adding to leaderboards after the game has stopped

Hello, we have build a GPS game for Unity and a couple of days ago we invited some friends to try it.

We have registration, user and team, a leaderboard and everything worked fine.

The game was set to last 3 hours, so we had set that time to upload the score at the end.

We could see the ranking at the end, and it was OK.

But we have noticed that after some users have stopped playing the game, some scores are still adding to the leaderboard (I mean, two days after the end of the game). Do you have any idea of why is this happening?

Thanks, Jose.

Best Answer

Hi Jose,

Your High Score event is set to durable so if the player was offline at the time they tried to send it, it would have been queued until the player re established a connection and would then have been processed. This could account for the scores being added at what you think is an unusual time. Two scores were logged yesterday and a single score was posted today. Players have also been logging in all week without issue. I'm not seeing an obvious issue here so let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Jose, 

Can you give me the gameId of the game this is happening in and I'll take a closer look ? I had a look at your account and didn't see a game with any leaderboards configured. Can you let me know the update schedule used in the leaderboards in question ?

Thanks,

Liam

Hello, I have written from my personal page, but the game is set in my partner account.
The game name is "Netpoint". The leaderboard is SQUAD. If you need more information, please let me know.
Thanks, Jose

Hi Jose, 

I don't see anything unusual in the game (298010). I can see scores added to the squad leaderboard today. Are you saying the game should have stopped after 3 hours and no one should have been able to post scores after that period ? If so, how did you go about implementing such a system ? 

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,
no, the question is it is a GPS game that you have to play several places in the city, recollecting virtual objects.
The thing is that the day after, when nobody was playing, the scores were adding to the leaderboard. It is very strange.
We have set the game to post the score when you hit a button to finish the game, and only then. The script we are using is this SubirPuntuacion.cs:

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;
using UnityEngine.UI;
using GameSparks.Api;
using GameSparks.Api.Messages;
using GameSparks.Api.Requests;
using GameSparks.Api.Responses;
using GameSparks.Core;

public class SubirPuntuacion : MonoBehaviour {

GameObject Player;
     public Text ResponseText;

void Start ()
     {
       Player = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("Player");
       Player.GetComponent<PuntosPistas>().Score = PlayerPrefs.GetInt("Score");

}

public void PostScore()
   {
     Debug.Log ("Posting Score To Leaderboard...");
     new GameSparks.Api.Requests.LogEventRequest ()
       .SetEventKey("HS")
         .SetEventAttribute("SCORE", Player.GetComponent<PuntosPistas>().Score)
         .SetDurable(true)
         .Send ((response) => {

if(!response.HasErrors)
           {
             Debug.Log("Score Posted Sucessfully...");
           }
           else
           {
             Debug.Log("Error Posting Score...");
           }
         });
   }

public void SubirServidor () {

PostScore();

}
     }

Also, we have noticed that the first scores lasted at least more than 8 hours to upload to the leaderboard. We don´t know why.

Thank you, Jose.

Answer

Hi Jose,

Your High Score event is set to durable so if the player was offline at the time they tried to send it, it would have been queued until the player re established a connection and would then have been processed. This could account for the scores being added at what you think is an unusual time. Two scores were logged yesterday and a single score was posted today. Players have also been logging in all week without issue. I'm not seeing an obvious issue here so let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment