Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Portal IDE hangs

Hi,

since I updated my google chrome to version 53.0.2785.116 m the browser IDE hangs very often after I try to access an object property. Like writing Spark. (now normaly the auto completion triggers but the window freezes). I always have to close the window and reload the portal. All unsaved changes are lost.

2 people have this problem

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I was in holidays and forgot about this ticket. It seems to be fixed, thank you for that!

David

Hi Guys,

I'm afraid we're no closer to providing a solution for you here. We still haven't been able to replicate the error and we've had no further reports of it. Googling "Chrome Hanging" throws up a multitude of possible causes and fixes. Although with multiple different configurations here it wouldn't be straight forward to find a fix that works for everyone. Does Chrome hang on any other pages for you guys or just the Cloud Code editor ?

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Ryan,

We're looking into this. I work in Cloud Code every day in Chrome on Win10 and Win7 and have never had this happen. I have a few plugins running also. We also have Macs running here that haven't replicated the issue yet. We'll keep looking into this.

Thanks,

Liam

I pretty much gave all the information I can.

It randomly hangs when typing into the online IDE, and nothing can be clicked anymore whether a wait a long period of time or go to other tabs. That tab remains frozen. When I try to refresh the page when it's frozen, it takes Chrome like 15 seconds before it gives up and says the page crashed or failed to load.

This happens about 3-5 times a day spread out randomly on multiple different scripts.

Hi Ryan,

David hasn't sent over the steps to replicate his issue. So far we haven't been able to replicate the issue at all. We need more information here. Can you give us an example of when this is happening for you ? 

Thanks,

Liam

Can we get a public response here? Just lost some more work and it's getting very irritating.

Hi David, 

I've replied to your ticket in relation to this.

Thanks,

Liam

This makes it really impossible to work. Is there any progress on this?

1 person likes this

Disabling all plugins does not help. When I found a way to reproduce it reliable, I can send you an API key and instructions on what to do.

But until now, it happens quite randomly.

Hi Ryan,

Just to confirm, is this hanging when trying to auto complete in the editor also ? 

Thanks,

Liam

Same issue with the ide hanging. Only started happening a couple days ago. *Very* disruptive.

Chrome: Version 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit)

My only plugin is uBlock and I won't try without it because I've use it for years with no interference without it. It's clearly something with the latest chrome and/or some Gamesparks change.

Please fix urgently.

Hi Mark,

Does disabling this plugin resolve the issue ?

Thanks,

Liam

Hi,

Same problem here. It also started when my chrome updated to same version as David.

Can't add more info, it hangs randomnly. I only have the "Avira Browser Safely" plugin installed.

Best!

Hi Liam,

I will try if deactivating all plugins will work.

Hi David,

No problem, do you have any plugins enabled in Chrome when this is happening ?

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment