Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Segments remove from Player

Hello,

now ive spend several hours to find a possibility to remove a  segment from a Players record.

Once the Segment is arranged  to a Player is totaly fine. But how can i get rid of the Entry in the Records?.

- Tryed to find and remove the Entry over the runtime Collection doesnt work.

- Tryed to set the Segment with Null Variables also does not work. It Creates another Entry with Null Variables.

- Tryed to find the Segments in Script or private Data also not working.

It is clear that one Player can have more than one Segment setted up. But when Players need

to change the Segments in a later State to doesnt get effected from this Segment anymore, how is this

possible?.

Thanks

Andi

Best Answer

oh I simply mean that from your top picture, you have -> segments in the player collection and the bottom picture, you have Segments. You have to make sure your, how we say "capitalizations" or "cases" are the same. So the S has to be the same, big or little.  I hope this solves your problem. fingers crossed!

Do you mean how to delete a field in the player collection in Mongo?

If so, you can try this answer: https://support.gamesparks.net/support/discussions/topics/1000078388

Thanks Maria,

i guess i dont get right. It doesnt work haha
And be more specific, yes  i mean the "Segments" field in the Player collection (mongo).

i have tryed the update $unset function from the link you provided me. Maybe not right ? i dont know.
It gets no Errors. The code does simply nothing.

Here is a link to MongoDB and the Code described looks similar to mine.
https://docs.mongodb.com/v3.0/reference/operator/update/unset/#up._S_unset

Thanks
Andi

Hey Andreas, It looks like you capitalized Segments and it is not capitalized in Mongo. Try that first.

sorry but dont know what you mean with capitalize in Mongo.
How can i do that ? is there any documentation about this ?
Thougt i create a segment, set it up to a player and the Segment is active for this player.
That is so frustrating.

Answer

oh I simply mean that from your top picture, you have -> segments in the player collection and the bottom picture, you have Segments. You have to make sure your, how we say "capitalizations" or "cases" are the same. So the S has to be the same, big or little.  I hope this solves your problem. fingers crossed!

Problem solved. Thanks Maria.
It was also the wrong collection i have searched the Segments. Simply the "player" collection was the right one.
And the tip with the capitalizations has helped.

Login to post a comment