Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Buying Currency

Hello,

I am implementing an IAP system for my game.

I read the Virtual good tutorial but i got a bit confused.

So in my game, you can only buy coins ( using real money). With these coins, you can do different things during the game. I am using the default currency1 for the player to store how many coins he has.

So my question is,  should I create virtual goods that increases the player's currency1 ? Or should I using the default google/Apple IAP  and then send a logevent - after purchase was done - to increment currency1 value?

What's the best practice?

Thank you

Best Answer

Hi Mohamad,

The best practice depends on how the users will be purchasing coins in-game.

For example, if the user is only able to purchase coins in a few "tiers" ($5, $10, $20) then Virtual Goods would be more appropriate. You can set up a Virtual good for each tier to grant to the user the same amount of coins every time. You can also configure these Virtual Goods to Segment based off of Country, Level etc...

On the other hand if the user chooses how much they want to spend, an event may be more appropriate. The client would send the amount paid to the event, then calculation in the event would determine how many coins to grant to the player.

-Pádraig

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Mohamad,

The best practice depends on how the users will be purchasing coins in-game.

For example, if the user is only able to purchase coins in a few "tiers" ($5, $10, $20) then Virtual Goods would be more appropriate. You can set up a Virtual good for each tier to grant to the user the same amount of coins every time. You can also configure these Virtual Goods to Segment based off of Country, Level etc...

On the other hand if the user chooses how much they want to spend, an event may be more appropriate. The client would send the amount paid to the event, then calculation in the event would determine how many coins to grant to the player.

-Pádraig

Login to post a comment